Friday, July 26, 2019

"Nothing Like A Good Myth"

                                The adult sun man  that took my eye. 7-26-2019 Perryton, TX
 
One of Chuck's good neighbor's who is an artist has this Sun Man hanging on her creative studio. I became curious, and googled Sun Man. I have always known the face of a Sun Man, but I didn't know the origin of the story. I learned today that this old story has been an exciting myth for many years, and still is. Although it was a myth, people liked to hear it anyway. What I read goes something like this. Many years ago the world was just darkness. A little boy raised his arms and light suddenly appeared. As long as he kept his arms raised there was light, but if he lowered them the light went out. Finally the little boy grew old, and escaped to a cave. People have been looking for him every since. Even though they have never found him they keep calling out to him to keep his arms raised. I don't know how much the neighbor believes in the Sun Man, but she sure keeps him shinning in fresh golden paint. I have met this neighbor, and I can't wait to ask her about the feelings she has for this old, old myth. I hadn't noticed this hanging before so I think she just recently hung it. After I talk to her I may be hunting a sculptor for my own interest. I am a lover of ancient symbols of history whatever they may be. It's just fun to sit through an imaginary story that somehow made history.


I have been working very hard this morning on an art project I am anxious to get finished. It's coming to reality very slowly. This is not the kind of art that one can sign off on when they get tired of painting on it. It requires an exact likeness, and must be recognizable to all who know these special people. And that's not all. The artist must make the people talk. Believe me it takes a lot of time, and determination. But I love every minute I put into it. I missed the luncheon today because I must put more time in on this painting, but I will go tomorrow to be with widowed folks. It happens later on in the evening so I will have time to paint in the morning. I am trying hard to keep all my scheduled things on par. It does take special effort, and it seems harder every day to produce that effort. A dip is not as good as a swim, but just dipping is saying you went swimming. It's not all about doing nothing, even though I flunked. I must say I am tired at this time of the day, but I am proud of what I did accomplish. I look forward to a refreshed body tomorrow morning. My evening will be spent resting, and watching the latest news. My mind will go ahead and work, but my bones will rest.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment