Sunday, August 5, 2018

"Someone Once Lived Here"

Ochiltree county Texas Landmark. A very old house that in it's time was considered a mansion. 8-5-2018 Perryton, TX
 

I am back home now and getting rested up. I had a fun week-end and some very delicious food to go with it. I stopped on my way back home and took some pictures of some of the landscaping in our county. There is lots of ranch land with native grass and cattle by the hundreds of heads, Many pumping oil wells can be seen on nearly every section of land. This old house is such an interesting landmark which in it's time was considered a mansion. Just the top of it can be seen from the road. It sits below a high cliff. A tall wire fence can be see which is positioned all around the section of land the house sits on. No one can gain entrance to the place unless they break down the fence. I have painted this old house, and I am proud of the image I brushed on canvas. A pumping oil well is located near the gate entrance. Ochiltree county Texas is a rich part of the North West part of the Texas panhandle. Farmland, ranch land, and oil and gas is a great blessing to the people who live here. Overall it is a quite, peaceful, and ideal place to live and educate your children. Most of the people living here have to go out of town to be entertained by drama, or shows of collectible interest or competition. We are proud of the several large chain motels, and head offices of engineered oil companies.


I am not a native of Perryton, but I have lived here for over sixty years. I have watched this town grow from a few humble businesses, and houses to a great number of beautiful homes, and modern facilities that offer the greatest kinds of service. The schools are rated highly on the academic grade level. This special place of opportunity is more about advancing brain power than entertaining the folly. Although everyone knows creative humor is priceless in it's own intent or purpose. Let us never leave out the laughter or mind hustling from talented humorist. They may not make it to heaven, but I love then anyway, When we are lacking in humor we are lacking in a longer life. A smile looks so much prettier than a frown.


I have now to go tend to my flowers, They need water, and a lot of it. I was gone for two days, and they had no water. Darkness is creeping up on me, and I dare not take care of those lovely flowers. Tomorrow may be too late for some to survive. So with all my heart I will keep you lifted up in prayer, and hope to keep you reading my crazy, but serious blogs. I know how many click onto my blog each day. I do not know who you are unless you let me know, but I do see how many checked in. God bless you all.


God Bless

Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment