Wednesday, August 15, 2018

"I'm Glad I Didn't Abort These Glories"

Morning Glories are blooming crazy, Glad I didn't cut them down though,  8-15-2018 Perryton, TX
 
At the first sign of these morning glories coming through the ground I started cutting them down. If I don't cut them daily they take over my whole yard. I finally gave up on keeping them all cut, and I'm so glad I did. This morning these glories were blooming from every running vine. They only stay open a short time during the day, but while they are open they spread a lot of joy. I might turn all my fence line over to them next spring. All three sides of my fence may be solid morning glories next year. I won't allow them to grow mixed in with my other flowers. What a challenge I may be deciding.


This day has passed fast. I have accomplished very little, and I have so much that needs to be done. I am making plans to be gone from home a few days later on this month. I don't enjoy packing, and traveling as much as I used to, but I enjoy the time away even more. I will be spending time with two of my sisters whom I haven't seen for over a year. These are the best times of my life. I will be free to stay as long as I wish, and who knows how long that will be. I hope to bring back some extra enthusiasm as I have been needing some for awhile now. I have no place in my life for boredom, and I have been fighting that demon for quite some time. I'm trying hard to lock him out. He has pretty well convinced me that staying home, and sitting in my recliner is a good thing. I am retired, and I need to take it easy, he tells me. I am sorry, but that is no fun, and my party life isn't over yet. I am in no hurry to end it either. When I decide to be gone a few days it's a lot easier for me to get my house cleaned up, otherwise I just keep resting.

I don't like the long nights in bed with just a little sleep. When these happen I usually get up before 6 o'clock. The days can be very long, and without any accomplishments when I am forced to do this. I start planning on a get-a-way immediately. At least I know when it's time to go, and when it's time to come home and start my dream world again. My prayer life is not a dream. It's real, and I get to talk to Jesus every night by my bedside. He hears, understands, answers, and gives me peace through the night. I may not sleep all night, but I still have peace. The rest of what I do is up to me. You may not see my friend, and think I'm all alone, but that is never the case. I am never alone. “What a friend we have in Jesus.”


God Bless

Myrtle Jean Sharp




No comments:

Post a Comment