Saturday, August 25, 2018

"Happy Birthday Brother Dale"

Today, August 25, 2018 my brother Thurman Dale Cope would have been 83 years old. Not for sure, but think he died at 62. He had a very big heart, but never failed to let you know when he didn't like something you said. I miss him a lot.  
 

This day has been pretty sad for me. My brother just younger than me passed away approximately 17 years ago. He was one of a kind. He would do anything for anybody, but was plain spoken about his opinion of you, whether it be good or bad. Most of the time it was good. As children growing up together he and I had many fights. Never any that was much more than a word fight. I loved that guy, and he loved me. I think everyone loved Dale even those whom couldn't put up with him. My nephew, and I prayed with him on his dying bed. He had always said he was too mean for the man upstairs to forgive. My nephew, Ronnie Cope, who was also his nephew, finally convinced him that God forgives everyone who asks for forgiveness. I truly believe Dale felt forgiveness before he passed away. I hope to see him again someday.


I always struggle with days when my loved ones who have passed have a birthday. Even days before their birthday I start thinking about them a lot. God always gives me peace, but never do I forget them. I could tell you a lot of stories of things Dale and I did together that was crazy. Most of the time it was my idea. I was 2,1/2 years older than him, and he thought I should know more than he. However, he was very stubborn, but wouldn't admit it. I have to say all three of my brothers were stubborn, but not us girls, ha, ha. My parents deserve a gold medal for raising seven irony kids.


On a more pleasant note I am excited about getting to see two of my irony sisters next week-end. We will spend two or three days together, and I can hardly wait. I am the oldest of four girls by several years, so I get to advise them a lot. They hardly ever take my advise, but sometimes they will agree. I hope God lets me keep all three of my sisters till I die. Our brothers are all gone for quite sometimes now. Nothing could ever fill the void of lost parents, and brothers and sisters. I could go farther and say the same about any lost loved one. Life is not always easy, but we must keep trusting God. He will turn our tears into joy tomorrow. Not now, but someday we will understand. I have special friends who are a real blessing to me, and I thank God for them. They share in the same sorrow, and wonderment as I. We can look around and see others who have been through harder times than we, If we are honest we can be thankful for every day we have lived, and look forward to many more. There is always peace after every storm. And the joy swells up to the top of our lungs.

God Bless

Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment