Sunday, April 22, 2018

"Wow What A Week"

Faith is being certain  of what you do not see. A reminder piece of art hanging on my dinning room wall. 4-22-2018 Perryton, TX

Where have I been all week? Living by faith, and not by what I was seeing. I could not write the true feeling I had all week, so I refused to write at all. The week was mostly filled with fast, and furious, deeds that I dare not speak about. I could not have done all the sudden, unexpected, things I did and keep up with my daily blog. I had no time to focus on anything but guiding a wrecked ship to shore. I finally got it safely anchored with a mighty great team of trained supporters, but if another storm comes before we get it hauled to repair headquarters it will forever be wrecked. I have posted this little reminder of what faith really is hoping I can live up to it's advise. “Faith is being certain of what you do not see.” I could not see much of anything that was good enough to produce any faith, but I kept on believing anyway. My ship was badly wrecked, and has not been repaired yet. Even today another storm blew in. I have quit asking for miracles, and are just asking for peace in the time of storm. I have been told I need to stay in a safe, secure, range of water, but I don't believe there is such a thing as that. I will keep trusting in God to keep me safe in whatever state or condition I am in. Storms don't last forever, and I will be able to enjoy the calmness that follows if I will just keep reading the little verse that reminds me to keep the faith.

We had a Gideon speaker at church this morning. He told a little story of a couple who had been involved in a car accident. The couple or their young son was not hurt, but the car was totaled out. The driver of the wrecker was a Gideon. He had thrown a little Christian track inside his wrecker truck. The young son of the lucky family was messing around the wrecker while it was preparing to mount the wrecked car. He saw the little track and picked it up. He read a story about making things right with Jesus. He decided to do just what the track had said needed to be done. He joined the family of God. Later on the child asked his father if he was going to join the family of God. The father slowly answered, “I guess so.” The son showed his father the track. The Gideon speaker asked the question, was it really an accident or was it an intentional matter? I am asking myself the question. Has my week been really bad, or am I blessed to have weathered a storm? I truly can say I have been missing those great times of laughter I usually talk about, but If I can make someone else laugh who have not cracked a smile in years it will be time to laugh again.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment