Wednesday, April 4, 2018

"Hungry For Fresh Vegetables"

                  The rhubarb plant is doing great. Pie awaiting. 4-4-2018 Perryton TX
The plants in the garden are growing fast now. This rhubarb plant is nearly ready to cut for making pies. The asparagus sprouts will be ready in a few days. My work is just beginning. I think I can get back in the groove pretty soon. If only the wind would stop blowing so hard I might be ready now. With so many things I needed to do today I didn't get to work any in the yard. A long list of groceries kept me shopping for over an hour. I had to make a visit to the bank, and pay some bills. Then a friend called and talked for over an hour. It was a busy, but fruitful day. I did my laundry, and cleaned my house. Hopefully I can do as much tomorrow. With all the other things I needed to do I missed the luncheon at the Center today. Will certainly plan to be there Friday.  

I am rejoicing for so many good things going on in my life at this time. Every day is a day of expectations for good news. I go to bed each night wanting to hurry up and go to sleep so I can awake to a new day. I call this time in my live reaping a plentiful harvest. God is so good and I can never thank Him enough.  

I just now got a call from a friend who I haven't seen in several years. She has moved to another state, and has come back to Perryton to visit her daughter. She will be coming to see me tomorrow. The last time I talked to her she said she was never coming back to Perryton. I could not hear her well so I don't know exactly why she is here, but she did say she had been here two weeks. She hadn't been able to reach me, but I have been gone a lot. I will be glad to see her, and hope she is alright. I'm still rejoicing in the Lord. Hopefully I can take her to the luncheon with me Friday. I need to hurry and fix some food before I go to bed so I can have something for lunch tomorrow. I do have to work in the morning. 

I must add that the news today has been little for me since I've been busy, but maybe I can catch up before I go to bed. Maybe the Lord wants me to take a break from a lot of bad stuff that's been making the news for so long. I am not worried because He is in control. I will eat, drink, and be merry till He comes. “Thank you Lord for this wonderful day, and I hope to see you soon.”

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp



No comments:

Post a Comment