Thursday, April 5, 2018

"I Love Surprises"

                   The dead plant stump that sprouted new growth. 4-5-2018 Perryton, TX
 
This is the plant I mentioned a few days ago that had completely died. I had cut off all the dead leaves, and finally all the limbs clear back to the stump of the plant. I watered, fertilized, and even talked to the plant, but nothing ever happened. This plant was a special one from the tropics. I had been so amused with it every since Chuck bought it. It did well for most of the summer, then it began to slowly die. Nothing we could do would revive it. Chuck was going to trash it, but I asked him to let me try a little longer. That's when I cut everything off clear to the bark. After a few months I told Chuck to go ahead and take it to the dumpster. As he was preparing to do that he noticed this tiny bump with a split showing a bit of green. We both were excited, and started giving it extra special attention. Each day we rush to check how much more green we can see. I took this picture today, and will continue to post until the plant has made it to the beauty stage.

It looks like I will be making peach pies tomorrow. Chuck brought me a quart of Amish Wedding peach pie filling. It stresses no corn syrup, or no artificial coloring. This is the Chuck I talk about being all original. He thinks the Amish people are smart earthlings. No one can deny they are quite simple, and do not want any changes made in their culture. They find no reason to change like other human beings. There is enough filling for at least two pies. That is not a good dessert for my diet. I'm sure most of the pies will go in the freezer for when we have company.

I brought my friend from Oklahoma over today for a long visit. It was very nice, and I believe most important that we make this connection, although neither of us really planned it. I will be taking her to the Center with me tomorrow for lunch. Neither of us know at this time what God has in store for her. It is obvious that there has to be a change somewhere. Always it's when I'm least expecting it that something drastic happens, but always for the good. God never fails, and I have had this friend on my prayer list for some time now. I never expected this would be part of my request, but we never question God. I have some plans made for later with her, but never know if they will materialize or not. I really hope they will because I feel so positive about this venture as I see it now. I believe many times people miss the plan of God by not being serious enough with their request. They want it to happen their way, but that is never going to happen. God's way is my way, always.


God Bless

Myrtle Jean Sharp



No comments:

Post a Comment