Wednesday, April 25, 2018

"Pink Trimming Makes This Tree Pretty"

    I love those little pink blossoms. Spring is here at last. 4-25-2018 Perryton, TX

For those who read my blog yesterday I mentioned that it was possible to get snow again here in the Panhandle. Well I got up this morning to find the ground covered with snow. April 25, 2018. The lingering cold weather has delayed our spring beauty a lot, but some of the blooms on the Red Bud tree are beginning to show up. Only a few so far, but I am proud of them. The snow has melted off, but it's still cold out. I am still running my heater. Everything is green, but still not much color to go with it.
I was delighted to find a good friend's art hanging at the Citizen's Center today. I have know this lady for years, but didn't know she was an artist. She moved from Perryton several years ago. When I saw her name signed on the pieces of art I immediately recognized them as the work of a dear friend who is one of a kind. I loved every piece she had hanging. I can't describe it, but it is so interesting, and roughly detailed. She is suppose to be in person at the Center next Monday, April the 30th with some more of her art, and will be talking about her work. Everyone needs to come by and see Pam Wolf's interesting art, mostly people, but some animals. I believe she is living at Red River New Mexico. There is where the creative spirit can capture your mind like no other place. The laughable talk she will be giving is as good as her art. I can't wait to see, and hear her funny chatter. She just may have caused me to get my paints out again. I needed something to move me in that direction. I have procrastinated long enough.
I have semi-retired from politics. I walk away from television more, and more all the time. I guess I have learned who all the dirty politicians are, and now I just need to pray that they will get charged with the crimes they have committed. I still believe God is with the Christians, and will continue to give our President Trump, and Vise President Pence wisdom, and strength to win this evil battle against our Christian foundation. In the mean time I will be praying daily for my own faith to keep growing stronger. I will keep myself occupied, and enjoy the sweet spirit of Christian friends as long as possible. When I feel like dancing I will dance. When I feel like crying I will cry. When I feel like dieting I will diet. When I feel like showing off I will show off. I am a person of moods, and I do as I feel like doing. However, I will, by the help of God, do nothing that I think is displeasing to Him. And that is saying a lot. Hear no evil, speak no evil, don't put tattoos on your body, Leviticus 19:28. Abstain from the very appearance of evil. All of these do's and dont's are bible quotations. Most of us were taught them from our youth up, but many have trashed God's Word, and are living in misery. I am praying for the foolish to plead their guilt to God.
God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment