Tuesday, February 13, 2018

"Sweethearts Forever"

                     A valentine music box, with candle glowing. 2-13-2018 Perryton, TX


My sweetheart is not with me any longer, but I still have his memories. He never forgot me on Valentines. The little valentine music box is so sweet to remember him by. I miss him so much, and need to be hugged by him again. Maybe someday someone will replace him in a small way, but I can’t see that happening. I keep finding reasons to turn all the sweets away. I don’t feel like neither God, or my husband, wants me to be that way, but I just can’t let go of that last smile he left me. How do you forget? Five years have gone by, and it seems like yesterday. I am tired of being alone. Tired of reaching out at night to feel him in bed. Tired of dreaming. It’s too real not to be real. I know there is that one prince out there somewhere that will sweep me off my feet someday. I just want it to hurry up and happen. Miracles have been happening to me quite often lately, and I know another one is in store. God first has to make me get rid of some of my qualifications. Too young, too old, too forceful, too bald, too married, yes really, and the lists goes on and on. Does it sound possible? Miracles do still happen. When the right man comes along, all of these qualifications will vanish. “Lord, let it be.”

Our Valentine dinner will be tomorrow at the Citizen’s Center. I look forward to a good time with all my friends, and their sweethearts. It is a time when love can be shared among all. God knows we can never have too much of that. The tables will be decorated beautifully, and the candles burning. The food will be scrumptious. Everyone will be dressed so nicely. I will wear my favorite red dress. I don’t know about entertainment, but I think that will be provided also. A large crowd is expected, and I may not be able to sit with my normal table mates. In times like these there is always those whom I don’t know that come to the party. It can be quite uncomfortable when you have to sit with strangers. I usually just meet my friends at the table we share, but our table will probably be occupied by others. I am so lucky to have a nice place like the Center to go and be uplifted anytime I want. I wish more of the local people would find out how blessed they could feel if they would start coming.

To all my valentine readers I wish you a happy day. Remember to tell someone you love them. “Give, and it shall be given.”  I send you my love, and best wishes for a sweet Valentine’s day. Many of us won’t be here for the next Valentine day, so do it now while we still have a life to share.




God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp




No comments:

Post a Comment