Friday, February 2, 2018

"Fifty Years Of Happiness"

50th wedding anniversary of Charles and Myrtle Jean Sharp. made February 2, 2000.  2-2-2018 Perryton, TX


Earlier today I posted mine, and Charles, wedding picture taken 68 years ago. Now I am posting the one of our 50th anniversary. This picture was made on our wedding date in 2000. I was not able to post both of them at the same time. I have pictures of the entire family except for one son and his family. Due to car trouble they were not able to make it here in time for pictures. I am so grateful for the nice celebration my children prepared for us. I am also thankful that our Lord let us spend 63 years together before calling Charles home. I always miss him the most at Valentines Day. He always gave me a big heart-shaped box of candy. Some days are just harder to get through than others, although none of the days are without heartache. I can say I have had lots of help from family, and friends, to get me this far. I speak of enjoying myself a lot, and I do, but there are times when I cry a lot. God quickly wipes away my tears. I am one of those wives that can say only half of me is left. Spiritually I am handicapped. Physically I am in good shape. I am so blessed to have a loving family who is always there for me.

I went to the Senior Citizen’s luncheon today. That makes three times I’ve been this week. I feel pretty proud of myself. I will admit that I have to push myself out the door, but I’m always glad I went after getting there. Many of the attendees are there every time the door opens. I feel like I don’t appreciate that place as much as I should. I really don’t appreciate several things any more as much as I should. I know the reason for that is because I’m not as young as I used to be. Considering all things, I think I do fairly well. I do feel blessed a lot more than I deserve. Tomorrow I will be going to the Widowed meeting. Then Sunday I will go to church. Then Monday back to Senior Citizen’s Center. Maybe you can see now why I have to push myself, but if I ever slow down I get in a rut, and can’t get out. I just spin my wheels. I never want to become one of those “all blow, and no go,” persons. I use my computer a lot to communicate with people, but being with people in person is an absolute must, in my opinion. I don’t think anyone looks in the mirror and smiles, but is there anyone who meets a friend that fails to smile? I don’t think so, and laughing, I’ve heard, is better for one than any medicine. I believe that is why the bible tells us not to let the sun go down on our anger. We should not get mad late in the evening.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp 

No comments:

Post a Comment