Friday, February 16, 2018

"Chinese Fun Time"

Some of my friends at the Citizen's Center today. 2-16-2018 Perryton, TX
Chinese New Year card with gold coin with chocolate filling inside. 2-16-2018  Perryton, TX


I was pleased to be presented with a little gift today at the Center from the Chinese community. It was the Chinese New year, 2-16-2018, and a replica of a fifty dollar gold piece was handed out to all attending lunch at the Center today. They also offered us chop sticks, and fortune cookies. A little welcome, and appreciation note was enclosed. It read.\

WE ARE SO HAPPY YOU ARE HERE TO CELEBRATE WITH US1 DURING CHINESE NEW YEAR. MONEY IS PUT INSIDE RED ENVELOPES WHICH ARE THEN HANDED OUT TO YOUNGER GENERATIONS BY THEIR PARENTS OR GRANDPARENTS. THEY ARE OFTEN DECORATED WITH GOLD CHINESE CHARACTERS  LIKE HAPPINESS AND WEALTH. THE COLOR RED SYMBOLIZES LUCK AND GOOD FORTUNE IN CHINESE CULTURE. WE APPRECIATE YOU AND WISH YOU GOOD FORTUNE THIS YEAR.

I am not sure if the food was provided by the Chinese, but it was the most delicious Chinese meal I had ever eaten. The gold piece was the cover for a chocolate fifty dollar coin. I am in wonder as to what this was all about, but it was really nice to be given a gift by the Chinese.

A great atmosphere was enjoyed by the two tables in my area. I loved being in this place today. Something from up above is brewing, and I think it smells good. I’m so ready for more of the same food, and folly. I feel blessing coming my way from every direction. How can I ever stop thanking God? But I still have to do my work, and be patient for the end results. I’m ready to take all the happiness I can get. I’ve spent many years seeking it.

I made a large pot of chili before I went to lunch today. Chuck likes chili, and so do I. Much of it will go into the freezer for later on. Chili dogs, Frito chili pie, and  a big bowl of chili with crackers is always good. I have found a good, low carb, pudding recipe that I’m loving to dive into every day. All the delicious foods I’ve mentioned today that I have eaten have very low carbs. I have almost reached my goal again since gaining over last Christmas. I did not eat the wonderful-looking pineapple cream icing on the cake today. Neither did I eat the cake. I waited for my dish of low-carb pudding with my meal tonight. After lunch today I went shopping for some needed items. I bought a can of mixed nuts, and will munch on them for a week or so. They are low in carbs also. I have a delicious drink I created myself that is carb, and calorie free. Lemon juice with a bit of cherry juice added to my wine glass of water. Sweetened with sweet-and-low. The nuts are perfect for this artificial drink. It is an late evening treat, and I don’t get hungry before going to sleep.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment