Sunday, February 25, 2018

"A Sad But Happy Month"

               Only a few physical memories left of my husband. 2-25-2018 Perryton, TX
Since this is the month of my husband, and mine, wedding  anniversary, I have posted a few physical memories that I have displayed on the top of a bookcase. Some of his gifts, and some flowers from his gravesite. I have given a lot of his stuff away, but it is so very hard to take away the memories I see every time I sit down at my computer. This home we shared for 44 years has still got his smell in every room. I can’t remember ever having smelled anything but ‘clean man,’  from my husband. I don’t think he had any sweat glands, or they must have been stopped up. He was always a hard worker, so there is a mystery about this one, and only man. I never saw him unshaven or hair grown out. He was, and still is my type of man. In three more days our anniversary month will be over, and maybe I can get on with my life.

I may have sounded saddened, but really I am so happy, and excited, about some miracles God has just performed in my life. I’m having to mend a few damaged tracks in this railroad of success as I travel, but I am still physically able to do that. When my children, or grandchildren, are successful, then I am successful. My glory-bound train keeps growing. Every car is rolling on down the track. With the conductor we have, we will never crash. “Thank you Lord, for pulling us on to heaven’s destination.” Have you ever heard of unhitching a car or two every once in awhile to be repaired?  Well I have done that also. They will be joined back to the long train when the repairs have been made. A disabled car just serves as trouble for the rest. It must be unhitched. I do thank God also for His good repairmen who has the problem fixed quickly.

This blog is only a short chapter, but I hope it helped someone to dump all their worries, and look for that better day tomorrow. Never be overcome by disappointments or seemingly failure. Everything is fixable, and everything is like new when it’s fixed. There is even better deals ahead than what you may be satisfied with now. Some nights I would not be surprised if the moon reached in my window and whisked me up to wherever. Anything good can happen even in the most discouraging times. I don’t know who I am, and neither do you know who you are. We are but a speck of dust from the earth we have not yet met. We were put here for a reason, and that is all we need to know. The best thing we have to stand on is the Word of God, and we all have that. If you don’t then you need to get a bible and read , study, and pray daily.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment