Sunday, February 11, 2018

"It Stood Firm Amidst A Storm"

                                First Christian Church Perryton, TX. 2-11-2018 Perryton, TX.


Today is Sunday February 11, 2018. The church building I posted is where I go to church, for the past forty years. It is where my youngest son, and two of my granddaughters were baptized. It is were my husband’s funeral was held. It is where we had our 50th wedding anniversary celebration. It is where I, along with several others, fought to keep it from being taken away from us. For the past twelve years we have fought to keep the split from claiming victory. It’s been very hard to accept what is now, and what used to be. I believe that could be said of many churches of today. I believe it could even be said about our country, Today is now. Yesterday was then. Where do we draw the line? Never. We will live with changes, both good, and bad, until we die. It is up to us to fight our own battles with the help of God. We are the Captions of our own army. We have the bible to refer to in times of uncertainty. Those who will not use their bibles for wisdom, are doomed to lose. I am going through a difficult time of accepting our church practices since the split. Why does it have to be different? The problem started before the split, which is the reason for the split. Satan has, and always will have, a say in our churches, and in our country. That has been a fact since the beginning of time. We, the people, will never find complete solace until we reach eternity. However, if we will just trust God, and obey His commands, we will never be defeated. My spiritual strength still out performs that of many much younger than I. Wisdom comes with age, but what about those who got old before their time? “Lord, heal them in the name of Jesus, for they knew not what they doeth.”

By faith I am doing what I think is right for me, but when I start to feel different, I will hasten back to whatever. I love my life. I love my children, and grandchildren. I love my friends, and all other human beings. I cannot look over the wrong in some of their lives, according to my belief, but I still love them. My bible tells me God makes us all that way if we truly believe in Him. As long as I have the shout in me, I’m going to shout. I hope to shout all the way into heaven, and join in with all the other shouters. I’m in no hurry for that, because I like shouting on earth pretty much. Almost every day the Lord gives me something to shout about. Sometimes we take a break, and just rest at the communion table, but after a few tears, I’m back to shouting. My Jesus told me not to forget Him, and I promise I couldn’t if I tried. “Hallelujah,” forever to His name.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment