Thursday, February 22, 2018

"Put It On And Go"

        Needing to be worn. All new, and anxious to be shown off. 2-22-2018 Perryton, TX
I have a Mink stole to wear with this outfit, but there isn’t any place to wear it. I live in a small city where western style is about the most elegant taste  for any occasion. I may end up wearing it to a senior citizen’s dance, and be the laughing stock of the party. I would definitely need a dance partner to take me, because all the men at the dance would run backwards at a sight like this. Especially since the senior dances here are planned for comfort and exercise. Food is provided, but no smoking or drinking allowed. I like that part about them, but my outfit would not be allowed either. The low cut top, and tights are not the appropriate attire for church either. How did I manage to come up with this personal idea of an interesting costume? I will find a place to fit it in, soon or later. I didn’t just pick this out without a reason. Even the three strand pearl necklace with matching ear rings are waiting to go some place.

Now for my more serious thought. While watching Mike Huckabee last night on television giving his reaction to some much politicized issue. I was impressed by his serious comment about the life hereafter. Without hesitation, or possibility, he talked about the next life. I thought to myself, “really,” is it that definite that there is a life for everyone after this life? There are so many different beliefs about eternity, till I usually try not even think about it. Mike talked like he wasn’t aware of anyone wondering about the next life. He seemed to think that everyone knows the soul never dies, and just the body is all that ceases to live. I truly believe that too, but the way Mike Huckabee so freely talked of it, made me feel ashamed. For sure it made me think more serious about every little move I make here on earth. I have a lot of trust in Mike Huckabee. I think he is an extremely smart man, and is a perfect example of what Christians should be like, even with his great sense of humor. He never seems to warn people of being unaware of what-so-ever they sow, that shall they also reap, even though he truly believes that. It’s like he thinks everyone knows that. Wow, what a man to watch more, and be endowed with his great wisdom. He is not a show-off, but simply Mike Huckabee. Will we be nervous  when we get called upon the stage to hear our life report on that judgment day? I certainly don’t believe Mike Huckabee will be a bit nervous. I want to try harder to be nice to everyone. Like Mike, I believe we have a duty to direct the lost, and undone, but not judge them, or refuse to help when they ask for help. There is a vast difference in directing, and demanding.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp




No comments:

Post a Comment