Friday, February 9, 2018

"I Wasn't Expecting This"

My youngest son, Kent, stands mounted on a stand in football suit. An angel stands on a stand behind him. How blessed I am. 2-9-2018 Perryton, TX


I walked into Kent’s bedroom today without thinking about taking his picture that stands on the dresser. Suddenly I noticed his football cutout picture mounted on a stand with an angel also standing mounted on a stand, It struck me. “OK Lord, I see you here with your angel looking over my son while he struggles daily with a stressful job, and taking time to include me in all his hard effort to please.” I had not noticed these two statues standing so close together before. In fact the angel used to be located in another room. I don’t remember putting them together. My son is married, and has two grown children. He has been a total blessing to his dad, and me, all of his life. Since his dad passed away five years ago, this son has taken his dad’s place in my life in so many ways. I believe God uses things like the simple angel statue, and cutout pictures to speak to our heart. I am more convinced now than ever before that God is protecting my son, and his wonderful family. The labor from he, and his entire family has been long, and stressful. I have spent many of nights praying for this precious family. I already knew, but it has now been substantiated that God has always had an angel looking over my sweet son, and his family. If I ever worry about them again I should be ashamed.

Today was my fourth time to eat lunch out this week. It has been a busy week, and I still have to make a trip to Liberal, Kansas tomorrow.  I think I am going to have to slow down next week. My leisure hours are being robbed from me. There has to be a happy medium somewhere. It would be nice If I could find it, and stay focused thereon. I realize we have to give God our best time before tiring out, but how do we manage that with so many people calling, and inviting us out? Including politicians wanting  us to help them get elected. Then all the survey calls that drive me crazy. Plus I have a lot of face book friends who I must answer back to or they might quit bothering to include me. I love, love life as I now know it. Exciting, promising, little pain for my age, and a longing to live forever. Does that sound like a busy live? I hope to keep it that way because to quit, is to fade away. I just ask God for wings to fly instead of drive, I’m expecting that to happen one of these days. Don’t ask me how, I just know it can happen. He has answered prayers so many times for me, that was not exactly what I asked for, but much better. Good enough to make me want to shout for joy. If I can help make someone happy, that is a great joy to me.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment