Monday, October 30, 2017

"One Pair Of Boots That Waited"

          The boots that wouldn't let me leave them on the shelf. 10-30-2017 Perryton, TX


I walked away from these boots at least twice before I went back and purchased them. The only pair of their kind, they just kept calling to me to come and get them. I did, and I still haven’t worn these beauties yet. I am looking for something to wear with them that would show off their beauty. I have seven closets full of cloths, so maybe I can decide on something soon. I have cloths in my closets from 45 years back, but I still like them, and they can still be considered in style by me. Some of those cloths have only been worn a few times. I have always liked cloths, and I used to make most of mine because I liked my own designs best. I probably still have close to 100 patterns in my sewing cabinet, but most of those were altered in some way to add my own taste. Some of these patterns are from when my daughter was a little girl up to her marriage. She finished twelve years of school in style. I hardly sew any more, but did make a pant suit about six months ago. only because I couldn’t find that right outfit to wear with another pair of boots I had fallen in love with and bought. I spend too much time any more trying to keep up with all the evil that’s happening in our world today. This set of non-fiction series is getting too large to keep up with. I will watch it on television, but I will never go back and read the books. Even my love for dress won’t distract from my interest in excitingly staying tuned to the news.

I was up at 5 o’clock this morning to hear who the indictment was for who Special Council,  Robert Mueller, had turned over to a grand jury. We were told all day yesterday that it would be made known this morning. Two hours after I got up the announcement was made. The drama goes on and on. The truth of the matter is that this live drama is real, and is quite disturbing to the ones who keep themselves informed on the critical condition of our country. I will not sleep through this danger that threatens us constantly. I am but a citizen of a small town community, but I feel as important as that one who is in a high office trying to restore America’s pride and joy. I have a responsibility just the same as they do, except I am exempt from all the publicity and whippings. I am an informant to God, ( as if He didn’t already know,) but I must tell Him daily about how badly the enemy is treating His servants. I must ask God to protect them, and help me to help them more. If we fail to do our part then we will be left behind to root for ourselves. I am not a good defender of my own being. I need to be part of God’s army every day. So far I am standing firm on His Word.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment