Monday, May 16, 2016

"What Can I Do For You"

I am making some progress with my extended flower garden. Just won't stop raining so I can dig. 5-16-2016 Perryton, Texas.


We have had rain every day since I started work on my extended flower garden. The ground is just too wet to dig and set out plants. I am patiently waiting hoping to get more involved shortly. Chuck just called and said we are under a tornado watch. I trust we don’t get hit, and the sun will come out and dry things up for awhile. I have been working this morning filling some planters, and I cut down two small trees that were growing in the berry patch. I stripped one of the trees and stationed it in the ground to hold small animal and bird figures. I will also put a bird feeder in it. I just keep getting ideas, and it drives me crazy because I can’t  carry out those fun things fast enough. Anyway I have a full time summer job keeping it all going. When I get tired of working I just sat down in a lawn chair and enjoy the fruits of my labor. The birds, the frogs, the bees, even the rabbits are there to keep me company. The rabbits jump up and run if I get too close to them, but they do share my yard. They give birth to their babies in a nest they dig under the grass. I have to be careful not to push the lawn mower over them. I usually search out the Rabbit’s nests before I start mowing. When I raised strawberries I had to spread pet repellant around the edges of the bed. Rabbits love strawberries.

My thought for today is that I am one day closer to heaven than I was yesterday. I try hard not to become too eager, because I know that would not be pleasing to God. He told us to occupy till He comes, but after all the loved ones, and close friends I have lost recently, it’s hard to overcome deep sorrow. Nothing seems to take their place. In a few words much encouragement that I nourished from these loved ones have left me now feeling  malnourished. A certain amount of strength they supplied me is no longer available. I think I can truly say that all of those I had known over many years, and are now gone, left me with some kind of happy memory. Even those whom maybe didn’t even know they meant anything to me at all. My prayer each day includes this, “Lord never let me shut out anyone who may be needing something from me, but I knew nothing about it. The poor, the rich, the kind, the unkind, the educated, the uneducated, the sick, the well, the clean, the bug infested, the hopeful, the depressed, and all other types of humanity who are still living, but are all trying to make it to heaven.” I am strong enough with your help to hold up the weak and undone even though I may not enjoy it. “Make me a blessing to someone today, I pray.”

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment