Friday, June 12, 2015

"Until Then"





Seventeen of these ponderous apricot crossed plums are much like a cluster of large grapes. 6-12-2015 Perryton, Texas.


Walking through the yard this morning after a heavy rain yesterday, in disbelief we found not one of the cluster of apricot-plums had fallen off. There are seventeen of these large plums all touching each other in a long  cluster. This fruit is very delicious when ripe. Even sliding off the seed. There are lots more on the tree, but not in a cluster like this bunch. The rain came at a good time as it was getting dry here again. What a wonderful spring and summer we have had. We are set for several more days of rain. We couldn’t be more thankful.

Rick and I had planned to go fishing this morning, but after we got everything ready it started to rain. I suppose the fish will wait on us and be ready to bite when we do get to go. I am ready for a day out with fun, sun, and relaxation. We have a very nice place to go for all of that, not very far from our house. I’m hoping we get to go before the, Fourth of July, because there will be so many people at the lake then till we won’t be able to fish. I like to sneak in and take control of the covered deck that extends a good piece out in the lake. We can sit up our lawn chairs, arrange all our fishing gear, move our cooler close to our chairs, drop our lines into the well of the deck, and wait for that big bite. If Rick will keep up with me, we might catch enough to invite several friends over for a cook-out. We are set for the race.

Tomorrow is tree trimming day. Our neighbor is coming over to help Rick trim all the trees. I am hoping for a nice morning so the job can get done. It has been needing to be tackled for a couple of years. “Like a good neighbor, Doug is always there.” He and his wife, Betty, are the best. I need to think of something nice to do for them. My wonderful neighbors is another reason I never want to move from here. Sometimes we are tempted to move closer to the other children, as that is what they desire, but so far we haven’t been able to break the trend. I must always put God’s way above my own. So far I haven’t felt His direction of moving me. Although I would love to be close to all four of my children, and be in a larger city where I wouldn’t have to drive so far to see a doctor. I think that is common sense thinking. I just have so much to leave behind till I wonder if I will ever make that decision without being forced by an act of must. That is one of the things I pray about daily, and trust God to have His way with me. Until then I will keep on singing.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment