Saturday, June 20, 2015

"The Wounded Soldier Is The Proof Of Willingness"

                   My home at 1114 Michigan St. Perryton Texas. 6-20-2015 Perryton, Texas.
I call this tree the "tree of heaven." It is a favorite in my neighborhood. 6-20-2015 Perryton, Texas.


This hot Saturday is cooking my goose, but the breeze is so nice and cool. My home made the headlines today. I suddenly became aware of what it really means to me. No other place in the world would I rather be than 1114 Michigan St. Perryton, Texas. This place has been my home for 48 years. It gets sweeter every day, and I thank God daily for providing it for me. The big “Tree of Heaven” as I call it, looked so brilliantly yellow and greenish this afternoon. It is a very large tree, and has been here almost as long as the house. The birds have choir practice there nearly every day. They are a pleasure to listen to. Each day I remind myself if something happens to my home, like so many others has had to happen to theirs, I will not cry because I have been blessed here for longer than I deserve. I can make it anywhere my Lord leads me. I feel so secure in my comfortable zone, but we all know time changes everything. My two older sons are near my side daily. Neither of them have family to care for, so we three are destined to stay together till the end of our journey here on earth. A few years ago I never dreamed of it being this way. That is why I tell people not to worry about their future. God is surely going to have things his way, and His way is always best.

I feel relieved today after unloading a heavy weight from my chest last night. I fought with the need to do it, but finally I knew I had to.  Life doesn’t come without responsibilities. We do not always get to choose our jobs, but with God’s help we can claim victory. There wouldn’t be any wars if every country agreed with each other, or if some didn’t want more power than they presently have. It is with this kind of evil dominating desire that war has to be declared. The same principal applies to the individual human mind. People also like controlling power sometimes. Finally war has to be declared. A splitting of two different opinions, but because of unwillingness to admit to dominating control by one party, causes war within the church. This type of temperamental expulsion, in my opinion, can be called archaic, but without ever having true understanding thereof. To the best that can be said, its shameful and should not be followed. It finally can cause great harm to any who try extra hard to correct the problem. In our own individual lives there is a time to declare war, and fight with Godly, courageous, power, dropping a spiritual bomb to the evil one, that will destroy their ability to continue with their destructive language. The prayer warriors sometimes gets promoted to the front lines. A true Godly warrior will willingly go, but few are numbered in that rank. “Use me Lord to do what you call me to do.”

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment