Thursday, June 4, 2015

"An Early Morning Moon"

I took this picture of the moon out of my bedroom window this morning at 1:45. I hadn't gone to sleep and I could see this moon through the crack of the venetian blind. It seemed to be calling me to take its picture. For what reason I do not know. 6-4-2015 Perryton, Texas.


I seldom have a night that keeps me awake past 1:00 a.m. but this morning at 1:45 I am up taking pictures of the moon. Surly there must be a reason. I missed seeing the strawberry moon last night June 2. But I understand that all full moons in June are called strawberry moons. I don’t see much red in the one I took tonight. Although it did find a way to sneak through my bedroom window. I welcome it and love its bright light. Things above the earth have a way of drawing my attention, probably because I can see them and I can’t see much of anything on earth except for what I see on T V. I am always looking for a piece of debris from an outer space object or any type of foreign material that may have an interesting story behind it. I probably wouldn’t recognize it as such, but I still like to look. I am a great lover of unusual things be it old, new, or just different than the usual style of manufactory. Something that’s been changed by way of age, use, design or character. It’s a good thing that  I don’t find any of these kinds of mementos very often because I would not have a place to keep them. Some day I may get a metal detector and wish I could find a place to use it. Most people don’t want their property being detected including me.

I can see the moon has now moved a far piece to the west. I need to try again to get some sleep. I may sleep late in the morning, but what the heck. I just sleep when I can, although I’m not a day sleeper. I’m against taking any kind of sleeping aid, so when I get sleepy naturally, I will shut it all out.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment