Thursday, June 11, 2015

"A Cheerful Mind Brings Much Laughter"

I am still enjoying the cannas' growing tall, and blooming brightly reaching nearly to the top of the fence. 6-11-2015 Perryton, Texas.
The asparagus has already reached  6 foot and growing taller each day. Should have a big crop next year. 6-11-2015 Perryton, Texas.
Oriental grass, roses, rhubarb, and a cherry tree are adding to my interest this morning. 6-11-2015 Perryton, Texas.

I enjoy my back yard so much its hard for me not to keep posting pictures of everything. Rick and I sit out on the patio for about an hour each morning just chatting and enjoying the cool breeze while gazing at all the fast growing stuff in the back yard. This is what makes retirement so wonderful for both of us. We both have had our share of hard work in the past.   Yet I cannot enjoy all this without saying a short prayer for all of those whom I know who do not have a good retirement life. It makes me so thankful for what I have even though it might not be anything to brag about. Every morning when I wake up I wonder what good news I am going to get today. There are times when we all have to fight depression, but that is God’s way of making us more appreciative when we recover from such a dreadful time. If we keep focused on the brighter days ahead they will surely come. I do not think about bad news. I think positive in spite of creepy little thoughts that just have a way of emerging sometimes. I sometimes have to remind myself of a promise I have been given by God. That always helps to bring back hope and expectation with a desire to push on through all the dregs that may have collected. I will admit there have been times when I could think of nothing but the worse however, after a few more prayers those times disappear and I wonder why I ever was troubled by them. Some psychiatrist will say that certain thoughts can be devastating if they are allowed to dwell in the mind. I don’t disagree with that. The question is, how do the victims of such dreaded thoughts unload them? And sometimes there is warning in certain unpleasant thoughts that may be worth keeping. To say it more precisely I have very little confidence in psychiatrist. My one and only remedy is to rely upon the Lord. For those who do not believe in God to this extent, I would suggest an appointment with a psychiatrist, but again I have to have little faith in them. The cause of this mental problem is not understood by any human mind, as to my way of thinking. And if it was the Doctor can only treat it, not heal it. Medication can help, but not heal. I believe the most healthy thing one can do for mental problems is unload them at the alter of prayer. For younger children the parent or adult counselor needs to unload for them. The Great Almighty God can, and will heal in the name of Jesus. The human life is filled with daily battles, some larger than others, but none that cannot be won by our God. Trust Him and let Him prove Himself to you. 

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment