Friday, June 19, 2015

"Bitter Without The Sweet"

Hosea and wife Gomer. A perfect example of life's hurts. 6-19-2015 Perryton, Texas.



This is not an eulogy that one would enjoy giving, nor is it a retaliation for disloyalty, but rather a sad expression of someone who could have been more deserving of better things had they been honest and thoughtful of others. Yes, this is an expression should I be called upon to give it. The one I am describing is liken to Gomer, wife of Hosea. Gomer was a prostitute and ran away from Hosea, but he loved her anyway. He bought her back after she had been sold into slavery. My subject is not a prostitute in the terms we know them today, but is probably worse. She is claiming to be the near perfect Christian, but her life tells a different story. She has had many chances to change her evil ways, but chooses to live with a poisonous vapor that she mixes herself. She has now chosen to destroy her last hope of recovering from self-righteousness as I see it. I am saddened to have to say this, but when the time comes to dust the bottom of your shoes when you leave their doorsteps, it has to happen. God knows when enough is enough, and He lets His servants know also. I don’t suffer alone by the wounds of these Gomers. Jesus suffered long before my time. I am sincerely asking God tonight to show me my mistakes so I may correct them. But for those who think they have made no mistakes, I offer my sympathy. We are not living in Disney Land, but in the Promise Land. We must always remember that, and be thankful for every breath we breath. Hosea had an unfaithful wife. I had an unfaithful friend. Hurt is hurt no matter how you put it, but God didn’t make a prophet out of me. He made me a servant to be accepted or unaccepted, and tells me when I need to move on. I have hesitated to speak about a subject so discouraging as this, but I felt like the time was now. I still have the Hosea love, but not the Hosea tolerance. My friends are too important to me than to have them suffer from something I was trying hard to change into something good. The Gomer In my life has just passed away as far as I am concerned, and I am expressing my sadness for her.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment