Tuesday, June 2, 2015

"A Sport And A Spot"

I am not for sure what this sport is called, but it is being practiced today, the second day after school was out, on the field across from my house. A girl athletic is tossing a long strip of light-weight metal as far as she can, then with long strides, and slanging of her arms dashes to pick it up. I has never seen this sport before. 6-2-2015 Perryton, Texas.


I was quite amused today as I watched two girl athletics tossing a long piece of narrow metal across the field then with long steps and slinging their arms they raced toward it. I couldn’t ever figure out the point of this sport. For the most part of the summer I will be privileged to watch all kinds of sports being played right across my street and into the practice field. Children playing tag football and soccer. Disk throwing and several other summer sports. My area of abode is one lively place all summer, and I am glad for that. When there is no sport being played the mowers are cutting and trimming the grass. Watering is usually done in the late evening. The field always looks nice. It seems within a matter of days school will start back up. I wonder what in the world time means anymore. It keeps going by faster and faster. I’m thinking about setting part of it out. Its too fast for me to keep up with. I think I need to take my thinking cap off for awhile. I’m coming up with too many ideas. Ideas that will never be developed. No one even wants to hear them. What a lousy dreamer I am, but what a fun time I have playing with them. Rick is so good to set me straight or at least try. We have some pretty tuff discussions sometimes. I can’t believe I raised him and he is so far out in left field. I hope I am making progress in getting him back to where he can through it straight. I need to catch one of his curves once in awhile. He thinks mine is not worth catching. Then the game is over and we tied it up. No winners today, and absolutely no overtime. I never knew so much love could come from hard work and evening relaxing.

So thankful for the miraculous change in my lonely life since Rick has been with me this short time. 
I may be able to catch up on many of my future plans soon. At least I’m encouraged, and feeling more positive. I just have to be patient with my helper and not try and run over him. I still have this tendency to be the boss. My husband never challenged me on that, but my children do. They don’t know that I taught them everything they know. At least I had a part in it. I’m kidding now. All my children have told me time and time again how much they appreciate me. I love them all so much and I love all the grandchildren they gave me. I couldn’t ask for anything better, although I am still the oldest and will always let them know that. I pray that God will let me live a lot longer because my children need me. Just being honest again. I wish I still had my mother around. It has been hard without her positive attitude no matter how impossible the problem may have seemed. She was special to me, and also to all my siblings. Hope to see her soon.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment