Friday, May 8, 2020

"Silver Just For Looks"

I own part of a silver mine even if I stole it. I am rich with dormant silver. 5-8-2020 Perryton, TX

The picture I have posted today is one of my silver rocks that we brought back from Colorado many yeas ago. It has large veins of silver in it that shines like silver dollars. I have two or three more like it that frame my asparagus bed. All of these rocks are special because they came from different parts of the country. Some are so large they had to be rolled, and tumbled up the hillside to get then to the trunk of our vehicle. You would not believe how we got them loaded, and I'll never tell. I think we might have stolen one or two without knowing it. We did get caught once trying to roll a big rock here in Texas, but we had no idea those rocks were permanent property on a state, wide open space that looked to us like any other land that was owned by the state. When we saw a uniformed fellow coming toward us we knew right quick to leave that rock where it was. The guy never came on to us and said anything, but only because we beat it out of there. At least we did get a few prized rocks before we found out they were valuable. We have one or two petrified wood rocks that I cherish. Then we have a few sand stone rocks that are totally worthless, but they do help make up our assorted collection. I also have a nice nugget probably from a volcanic eruption that I spray paint gold every spring. It catches the eye of many people who walk down my sidewalk and see it in my flower bed. By now you can guess I love the nature of rocks.


Since I no longer can do the exploring ventures, I am settling down to my birth talent of decorative creations from cloth, and wood, paint, and a few other interesting view ideas. I have met my match with a next door neighbor to my son, Chuck. This wonderful neighbor friend has kept me entertained for hours at a time showing me things she has created out of worthless materials. I love the results of so many things she has completed out of rotten wood fence, and paint, and varnish. She also is a portrait artist, and a very good one at that. It's just amazing what she can do, and stays busy all the time. I've never seen a house so small as hers with so many interesting things to look at. This house looks like it is on display 24-7. She cooks her husband three meals a day, again she is an excellent cook. Everything is cleaned up quickly after the meal is over. I think she must make her beds as soon as her feet hit the floor. And everything always has a shine to it. Perfectly organized, and can walk a few feet and pick up anything you might ask for. She likes to share her talent, and has brought many dishes of food over to my son. I would say she is one of a kind. We need more like her.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp 

No comments:

Post a Comment