Monday, May 11, 2020

"I Am Still A Mother Today"

        Mother's Day sunset. Thanks for sharing your glory with me today. 5-11-2020 Perryton, TX
 

I had a good Mother's Day yesterday. I took this picture of the last beauty the day shared with me. The sunset is always a beauty to me. I spent the day alone, but had several calls from children, family, and friends. All were in good spirits which made my spirit rejoice. Today is Monday and I have things planned to do, Not a lot of muscle work, but getting ready for that tomorrow. It hurts my feelings when my body says you have raked enough dead leaves for today. Maybe I have barely made a showing, but there is always another day. And of course I never can be satisfied because I like to do a good job without stopping. I finally have come to the conclusion I am not my sole boss any more. Just have to make the best with what I have left. I should be more thankful that I still can stay in my comfortable home, remember what happened years ago, as well as what happened yesterday. I can drive any where I want to go, and until lately I have been able to go any where I wanted to go. Since our country has been on lock down, I have had to give up a lot of things I had been calling blessings. I am sure I will get them back, but I can't say for how long. I am getting my spiritual exercise more each day, because I feel like the fight will continue for a long time. I refuse to lose my spiritual strength. That is what is keeping my physical strength as good as it is. And I still sing to myself all during the day, and part of the night. I sing a lot of songs that I learned in Booster Band when I was a small child going to church. Thank God for good memories. And thank God for helping me forget old memories that are not good for the soul. He told us in His Word to think upon good things. It is hard sometimes, but He always helps us to forget bad things.


Something keeps telling me that I have some very good things coming my way. I am ready just anytime. I must stay occupied until such time it happens. My dad always told us when we get all the cotton out, you can go to town and buy a lot of school cloths. We could play all day long until another big job on the farm came ready. When school started it was just week-ends that we had free time. So I learned young that work comes first then play. I can still stay content with that kind of education. For several months I have been confined to staying home, and doing nothing but killing time. I think I am now due some fun, and recreational time. But I must be able to have a T V close by. I simply cannot miss what is happening in this big, evil world. The news is what I call the labor I have to do before the fun can start.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp                               

No comments:

Post a Comment