Friday, May 1, 2020

"Love Holds Us All Together"

Love is a gift from God. The best gift He ever gave me. Without it, life is miserable. 5-1-2020 Perryton, TX
91 degree is very hot when there is no breeze at all. I sat out for a few minutes in the shade of the apple tree, but it was still hot. I was able to catch a picture of these two love birds who didn't seem to mind the heat at all. They were perched high upon a radio tower in my back yard. This has been a meeting place for several kind of different birds for many years. My son, Rick, put this tower up for his ham radio when he was a junior in high school. That was 51 years ago. Too long not to worry about it tumbling over one of these days. I need to check my liability insurance on my home. Sometimes I forget that insurance policies do change from time to time. Anyway this place would not be the same if this tower would be taken down. It holds a lot of sweet memories, not to mention the birds still love to meet there. I don't get to see Rick very often, but I talk with him on the phone weekly. Houston is about 14 hundred miles from where I live. Time has a way of keeping us apart when we begin to grow old. But the love just grows deeper, and sweeter. Life is an unfair wonder which can never be changed.


I made a trip to Liberal, Kansas today to pick up my oldest son's skoal. He orders a three month supply since it is much cheaper in Kansas. I need to make the 45 mile trip that often to get things that I can't get here at home. It works out for both of us. I saw a bad accident on my way there. I don't think any injuries happened, but a huge piece of a windmill tower being hauled on an over-sized truck somehow got wrecked, and several police vehicles were flashing red lights everywhere. I was able to get through by driving very slowly. It must be that the economy has opened back up, because a lot more traffic was on the highway than I've ever seen on this route before. The Wall Mart parking lot was filled, and many shoppers were buying things filling their grocery carts to over flowing. About half of the customers were wearing masks, and there was no limit as to how many could go in the store at once. Even so the atmosphere was not the same as before the shut down. It was obvious that people are still very nervous. The thrill of shopping just wasn't there. I couldn't wait to get out of that store. It will take a long time, if ever, till things will be the same. But I am thankful for what our President Trump has been able to do for us so far. I still believe God will make a way for his believers to escape much of the hardship. He promised us in the beginning of our knowledge of Him that His peace He would leave with us always. I trust Him now, and always.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment