Thursday, September 5, 2019

"Not The Straw That Broke The Campbell's Back"

Broken not sawed apple tree trunk. I picked the top piece up from off the ground to take this picture. 9-5-2019 Perryton, TX
 
This is the picture of the apple tree that snapped like a piece of dry spaghetti and threw me backward to the ground when I was trying to straighten it. I'm still shocked at how a tree trunk this big could snap completely off. The little tree had lively looking branches with green leaves, and had made a few apples earlier this summer. I could see It breaking if too much force was put on it, but not snapping in two pieces. Good bye special grafted apple tree wish you could have stayed with us. I took a very hard fall, but I am only slightly sore. God has been good to me. I was able to mop floors, carry in heavy bags of groceries, and cook a big meal. I also picked a pan full of fresh peaches off Chuck's tree. This will be the cobbler for Sunday pot luck. I am ready for a big, busy week-end. Lunch at the Center, and pot luck at church Sunday.

I have noticed that this football season in Perryton, Texas is barely existing. A lack of enthusiasm is very noticeable. At this time of the season in times past I could hardly back out of my driveway, and it was hard to drive down the street without hitting another car, or a pedestrian. I live across the street from the practice field, and the football stadium. I don't believe it's only in Perryton that this sports attraction is noticeable. I sense that even on television the sports interest has declined greatly. I blame this to the arising disloyalty that has stricken the most watched enthusiastic, entertainment action in the arena. The loss of love for our country has robbed us of all future hope of being a respectable country again. No longer are we one nation under God, but many nations against God. Little by little the fear of God is becoming the wrath of God in action. We witness every day the evil taking place in the most unexpected places. Also to some of the most important people God has to help Him win this battle. When the time has fully come for a day of reckoning American citizens will fall to their knees, and worship God. Those who were spared the worst kind of punishment. How many of us will be left to have a second chance? It's not how good of a person we are, but how much we fear and respect God. In other words it's what is in our hearts that will take us through hazardous times. There won't be any way one can talk their way out of the mess they have made of their lives. The Great Judge has already decided the verdict. No appealing will be allowed. I truly believe this is what the bible teaches. If we love God we will obey His teachings. We can't keep on doing the things that have messed up our lives. Hard to swallow? Yes indeed, but truth is truth, and it's in the bible.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp





No comments:

Post a Comment