Saturday, April 20, 2019

"Bearing My Cross"

         My favorite Easter picture. My church, my Savior's cross. 4-20-2019 Perryton, TX
 
This is the time of the year we celebrate Jesus death, and Resurrection. Three bodies hung on these crosses. Three bodies were taken to the grave, but only one body was taken out of the grave in perfect condition. Only the cloth that covered His body was left in the tomb. Some thought the body of Jesus had been stolen, but the angel said to the women who came to visit His grave, “He is not here. He is risen.” Can anyone possibly doubt that? No one but a brain impaired person. Jesus own words, “try me and see if I am real.” That is where many of fools back away without further comment. Yet they continue to say Jesus is not who people say He is. I personally have tried Jesus, and yes He definitely proved to me He is real. Never have I had the slightest doubt since that great, and blessed day. Yes, it was an on-the-spot revelation, and not a time thing. I was made a believer never to doubt again.

Coincidentally I had just finished reading the Old Testament three days ago, and was reading the first chapter of the New Testament when I realized this was the Easter, (celebration of Jesus birth,) time of the year. The first chapter of the New Testament, Matthew, tells about the coming birth of Jesus. I was entering a new world of joy when I finally got through the Old Testament, and into the New. It took me a year to read the Old Testament with just reading one chapter a night. I fought depression the entire time of reading the horrible, wickedness of creation before Christ. Some people refuse to read the Old Testament, but I believe it takes both books to complete the plan of God. I have read the Old Testament before several times, but never all at once without skipping over to the New to regain some new strength. This time I skipped not one chapter. The New Testament is short, and to the point, but I already know what's in the next chapter before I read it. What a rejoicing I feel after getting through the Crucifixion, and the Resurrection of that One who gave His life that you and I might have everlasting peace, and joy if we choose. Jesus is the Light of The World, In Him There is no Darkness. All the little children love Easter, and grow up thinking it's all about hunting colored eggs. But at the certain time of their life, they are made to realize it was Jesus, not the colored eggs, that made Easter so enjoyable. Someone long ago was wise in thinking of a way to include the children when we celebrated the life, and death, and resurrection of Jesus. I love the Easter bunny, and the colored eggs, but most of all I love Jesus who made all good things possible.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment