Monday, August 28, 2017

"These Roses Made My Day"

Now that summer is almost over I was able to cut a small bouquet of roses. 8-28-2017 Perryton, TX


I am proud to say I did get at least one small bouquet of roses this year. This is the first summer that I have not had beautiful roses blooming in both front and back yards. I am assuming the weather was just too hot. Now since the cooler weather has come the roses have started to bloom a little. However it is almost time for them to start dying off for fall weather. The roses I cut today were very small, but they have a lovely fragrance. I will enjoy them for a few days. The quarter of an inch of rain last night helped a lot.

After a long absence from my painting, I started back this morning. I had to wait for the mood to strike me. Sometimes it happens that way. After many attempts to fix a simple problem on a portrait, one finally has to leave it alone until the mood comes bask. I am encouraged about my progress this morning. I think I can finish this portrait within a few weeks. It has really been a drag on me. I just could not be pleased with the effect that was appearing on the face of this famous person. I did not quit and take it for what it was asking me to do. I did quit for several months, but I knew I would take it up again. I will be more willing to accept what comes out this time, whether it completely pleases me or not. I can only argue with myself for so long. I think that’s the attitude of most artists. When doing landscape or still life, it doesn’t have to be just one certain way, but with portraits it’s got to recognizable by all. Not only that, but it has to have life speaking to you. I do my best to make both of these features stand out.

My heart is definitely centered in painting. It gets to be quite expensive, but the therapy it gives me is so worth it. Painting and writing are my most enjoyable pleasures. I wasn’t born with a lot of talent, but the little that did develop in me is the joy of my life. In my golden years I feel productive instead of rocking my life away. I love to communicate with people, but after retirement it is not easy to go do the things I used to do. I am so glad the computer was invented before I retired. I am now communicating with some in several foreign countries. I have to be leary of some who ask me for friendship. As everyone knows our world is filled with evil. I cannot accept all request, but to those who are true friends, I hope you understand, and keep reading my posts. Someday I may be able to learn more about communicating without worry of destructive people. That would be the most enjoyable thing that could ever happen to me. Always remember me in your prayers although we have never met.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment