Sunday, August 20, 2017

"Hallelujah It's Still Alive"

                Roses, and Crepe Myrtle bush. Tiny, but surviving. 8-20-2017 Perryton, TX


This has been a bad year for roses and blooming bushes. Usually my yard is solid roses for most of the summer. The little Crepe Myrtle bush has been set out for four years. I though it had completely died this year, but just recently it resurrected, and is now boasting of a few lovely pink blossoms. The rose bush I posted has more roses on it now than all spring and summer. Fall is just around the corner. It’s been a crazy year for bushes and flowers. In the spring we did have a terrible bad hail storm, and that may be the cause of the bushes not doing better this year. The fruit had escaped from the blossoms when the hail storm hit, and was just big enough for the hail to knock most off the trees. What didn’t fall off was beaten up so badly till the fruit never recovered enough to be fit to eat. The dark spots that the hail left on them just sank deeper into the growing fruit, and caused mold to spread. I am looking forward to another year.

My own life has had it’s share of hail storms also. The difference being my recovering growth, and beauty has not happened yet after nearly five years. The storms keep coming year after year. But unlike the rose bushes, I get a big happy dose of glory sprayed on me day by day. When I began to dry up, and become non productive, my keeper gives me another big spray of glory. I am positive that this next year will bring astounding growth and beauty to my life. So much till it will make up for all the unfavorable years I eased through. The farmer never gives up on his next year’s crop. He keeps planting year after year. Sometimes the banker has to help him prove his faith, but that too is a sign of trust. When the good years come, the farmer pays off all his debts, and buys a new car for his wife. For himself he buys new farm equipment, and possible a new motorcycle. I am not a farmer, but I have plans of what I’m going to do when I am handed that year of great prosperity, and a big restful recliner.

Life is what we make of it. We can receive blessings if we deserve them, but not if we run over someone who is already being blessed. We cannot chose who we want to receive God’s blessings if we ourselves are not being blessed. I hope to make myself clear here, because moods of respect and disrespect will never set well with God.  He asks us to be kind to everyone, and do unto them as we would have them do unto us. How totally the opposite some people are doing. So often the attitude is “it’s my way or no way.” That attitude will get you by, but not for long. The end is pure pain and sorrow.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp     

No comments:

Post a Comment