Saturday, August 19, 2017

"My Spirit Was Dancing With Them"

                               Dancer at Perryton's 98 celebration. 8-19-2017 Perryton, TX
                          All of the dancers who performed today. 8-19-2017 Perryton, TX


What a wonderful day at the Perryton 98 celebration. A delicious meal of Bar-B-Q beef, beans, and Cole slaw was served at the Expo. I enjoyed visiting with many old time friends, Then the Museum of The Plains was having a full day of fun activities including a stage of ballet dancers. The young dancers did a great job performing, and sharing their talent. There must have been fifteen of them. Before the dancing show started, a magical performer entertained  the children for nearly an hour. Some of the small children took part in this act, and even the adults was fascinated  with this magical stunt performance. There was bungee jumping, and many other kinds of entertainment for kids. Home made ice cream was available, and it is always so good. Lots of different food stands were open to satisfy most any taste one might have. The large crowd was visibly having a great time. I didn’t stay for long, because I had another meeting to attend at 4:30, but so far it has been a blessed day.

My joy is still lingering from yesterday. I posted about the exciting phone call I got that was, no doubt, the beginning to an answer to one of my prayers that has been on hold for awhile. Before I went to bed last night I had been hit broadsided with a two-by four. That caused me to lose my excitement, and I had a hard time unloading it to God. To my amazement I woke up this morning bubbling over with joy. A friend called me and talked for an hour. She remarked about my hilarious, upbeat attitude, and said she had laughed so much she had tears in her eyes. I was so thankful that not only did God make me happy, but He helped me to make others happy. My faith returned to me even more than I had yesterday. My friend, do not, absolutely do not, give into evil attacks thinking they are positives reasons for thinking you were wrong. We must stay strong in the Lord, and give Him praise every day even when we have been beaten up by someone we love dearly. Much worse than beaten by someone whom we don’t love nearly as much. If there wasn’t an enemy to fight us, then we could never feel victory. I won the battle yesterday, and I know I will keep on winning if I continue to trust God. His Word tells us that the battle is not ours, but His. Why can’t we believe that?

So off I go now to enjoy another couple of hours eating, and sharing with friends at the widower, and widow’s meeting. I will still be casting off bellows of hee hee, and haw-haw, phrases of worthless tunes. I have some good computation who will add to my ludicrous amusement. We’re going to have fun tonight. I will repent before I go to sleep. “God loves a cheerful giver.”

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment