Tuesday, August 15, 2017

"The Best Spot In The World"

            A butterfly is on my bouquet. Largest flower on the right.. 8-15-2017 Perryton, TX


I am still enjoying the butterflies feasting on my flowers. The cooler weather is helping the flowers to look pretty and lively. The dozens of butterflies make a nice, activity center out of my flower garden. Those, and the birds, who land on the fence enclosing the flowers. Lots of activity, and even a wasp entered the excitement, but he did not stay long enough for me to take his picture. I think he was looking for blood instead of nectar. I didn’t have any to spare. I picked up a few more apples, pulled a few weeds, and called it enough yard work for the day. I have the rest of the day free to do whatever I want. I have nothing planned, but that can change any time.

I did have a long visit with one of my sisters in Oklahoma City this morning. She is always so upbeat, and I felt more energetic after talking to her. Just wish I lived closer to her so we could do things together. This week will be filled with fun things to do after today. It is the 98th year of Perryton’s birthday. A lot of activity is scheduled for every day. I have always enjoyed these yearly celebrations. On Saturday’s a free Bar-B-Q dinner is served inside a nice air conditioned building following a lengthy parade. Many people who are ex Perrytonites  come back to take part in the celebration. It is so nice to see people who you haven’t seen for years. The meal is always good also. In the afternoon an entertainment program is always nice to attend. It is set up in the garden area of the Museum of The Plains. This is a very large area with overhead shelter, and lots of chairs have been arranged for visitors. The dinning area of the building is equipped with kitchen facilities, and many large, round tables are comfortable to relax around if you prefer to stay inside. A big glass door opens up from an all glass wall leading to the garden area. One can see the stage where the entertainers are performing. Home-made ice cream is a big rush to after a Bar-B-Q meal. One must diet for two or three days after attending one of these celebrations. But it is worth it. We are all so proud of the many volunteers who make this event happen every year. Perryton is the best.

I might add, a week like this takes our minds off the troubled world we are living in today. Everyone needs a break once and awhile. We are able to come together as a large family and lift each other up in praise to God. It reminds us of how far we have come on this journey, and we will continue on in faith and, love. We invite all who may read this blog to come join us no matter if you live here or not. I promise you won’t go away hungry physically, nor spiritually.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment