Friday, April 24, 2015

"Who Owns These Cattle"

Cattle by the score. Hard to see, but a large herd of cattle are grazing this native grassland a few miles south of Perryton, Texas. 4-24-2015.



This will probably be the last picture of the several I took while traveling home a few days ago from Oklahoma City. I truly wanted the picture of the cattle to show up better because it was such a pretty sight, but because of the distance they were not very plain. If I zoomed in then I could only get two or three cattle on the screen. Ochiltree county furnishes a great amount of the beef that many of you eat every day. We have two large feed lots here and one near Turpin, Oklahoma just thirty miles away.

I think I have been interested in all the cattle that grows here in Ochiltree county because of the bible reading I have been doing lately. Almost every chapter I read speaks of cattle in some way. Psalms 50:10 says, “ God owns all the cattle on a thousand hills. The rolling plains of Ochiltree county has many hills with cattle grazing on most all of them. According to the scripture God is the owner of all these cattle. He sure does have lots of cowboys, and I see them a lot  here in town. Hats, boots, jeans, and sometimes spurs, makes the cowboy’s quickly recognizable. I do like the western life, but I never wanted to be a cowboy’s wife. I have trouble understanding why all the animals were slaughtered for sin back in bible days. Blood was the only atonement for sin, and this had to be practiced at every worship service. The animals were slaughtered on the alter, and blood was spread about. Then God chose to offer His Only  Begotten Son for a blood sacrifice once and for all. How could anyone brush it off as, “so what?” It’s sad to know what is coming for those kind of people. I can never do enough to pay even a part of what God did for me. But I want to try anyway. I think He demands us to spread His word, and help to educate the poor and unlearned. We may thank its useless, but we must do it anyway. The bible tells us that God’s word does not return unto Him void. That means that every effort we make to spread His word will be used to help someone someway. We may never know how, but by faith I believe it. “Yesterday is gone, and tomorrow may never be mine so for my sake I will speak every day, Lord for thine.”

I almost missed putting this blog on today. As you can see it is late at night, but I couldn’t let the day pass by without speaking out. Every day I need to try harder to cover ground that I haven’t covered yet. It takes a determination to spend time trying to help others. I want to be determined. Not because I want to, but because, yes I do want to. The true love of God will make everyone want to help others. And that without judging.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment