Wednesday, April 29, 2015

"Happiness Is Being A Good Sport"

My poor apple tree is needing a face-lift. But not this year. It is loaded with apples now. I took this picture for the clouds. I was so engrossed with those beautiful white clouds. 4-20-2015 Perryton, Texas.


Today has been amazingly good for me. Last evening I was met with a terrible disappointing evaluation from a person that I expected the most to be complemented by. It hit me hard since I was troubled at what the person had to say, because it just didn’t sound normal for this dear one to define me as the way they did. I believe this disapproval of me was triggered by anger about something else, and the only way to get back at me was to criticize  something about me unfairly. I knew I had to brush it off, and know in my heart that something terribly wrong was bothering this loved one. I feel sure most everyone has encountered such instances as this. I vowed I would not go to bed with vengeance in my heart. This morning I had almost completely forgotten the conflict. I have been blessed above any worthiness I might have. Thank God for testing our faith from time to time. It is that exercise that keeps us growing. Plus we have another prayer need to add to our list. We know without a doubt this person needs prayer.

I enjoyed a good lunch at the Center today. I had missed several times due to being gone from home, and some bad weather also, so today I was excited to be back with friends. Nothing can cheer you up more than getting with friends and catching up on everyone’s  “joys and concerns.” Mother’s Day dinner is taking front stage right now. That will be an awesome Sunday since so many mothers and their children will be present. This Center does not lose any time planning and sending out invitations to everyone. The tables are decorated with lovely flowers and Mother’s Day verses. I said all of that to say I can’t be there. My grandson, Austin, will be graduating from Texas Christian University on the 9th in Forth Worth, Texas. The Mother’s Day dinner is the 10th. I am sure I will enjoy dinner with my children and grand children on Mother’s Day at their home.

I will be having an exciting week-end coming up. My son, Rick, will finally be here to spend some time with me. We have several things planned, and will be doing a lot of visiting. He will be driving me to Fort Worth for the graduation, and will be part of a family get together there for a week. I feel safer traveling with someone since tornados are know to strike anytime, anywhere. God has a way of taking care of us, and I thank Him every day for His goodness. I seek His will for everything I do. I know He will not lead me in the wrong direction, neither will He leave me guessing what I should do. What a wonderful Heavenly Father we all have. I continue to keep you all lifted up in my prayers.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment