Sunday, April 26, 2015

A Sheppard And A King"

I am so excited about painting this old historical castle-house till I couldn't wait to finish it before I shared with you. I will post again when I am finished. It is located 8 or 9 miles south of Perryton, Texas. 4-26-2015 Perryton, Texas.


After hearing a great sermon this morning I came home feeling refueled and ready to travel on. I finished the dinner I had started before church, ate and came to my computer to unload a little enthusiasm. The sermon was about the good Sheppard, and it was different than any I had heard before on that subject. The minister had 100 percent of the attention with not even a sound from a baby. If I had know the title of the sermon before I went to church I might not have gone. Its such an old story, that one gets tired of hearing it over and over. What a surprise this morning. I wish I could recall and print the entire sermon, but that is impossible. It did one thing for me that made me feel ashamed of my desire to have every prayer that I pray answered. This minister knew exactly why that doesn’t happen, and since I have been reading the book of Ezekiel I could understand the reason more clearly. My friends, we are not that spoiled child who our parents loved so mush that they failed to punish us for our bad attitude. We are that child who God loves, but will punish us as severely as needed to make us listen to Him. We either obey, or “oh my butt.” A sermon like I heard this morning makes me want to grow-up quickly. No more self pity or doubting God’s love for me. I will take my mistakes for what they are and not try to explain them away.

I sometimes wonder why certain people have been so extremely successful with wealth. I would take some of that cash in a minute if I could do it without feeling dishonest, otherwise, keep it I don’t want it. I will work for my living, and take what I get with thankfulness in my heart. It is with this feeling that I became interested in the old house that looks like a castle built on the side of a hill in rattlesnake country. I decided to paint the part that can be seen from the highway. Half of the house is hidden under a hill. I know nothing about the originality of this house, but I plan to find out. The present owner has made an interesting curiosity site of it. A locked gate keeps anyone from entering, and tall wire fences surround the vast space. I don’t think anyone lives there, but it is being preserved for a reason unknown to me. I am painting what I can see, but much more lies underneath the hill. An oil well pump jack is busy pumping wealth out of the ground. That can be seen. What a pleasant reminder of some of God’s wealth I will have hanging on my wall when I get it finished. This piece of art is not for beauty, but for progression. I love the word. moveonbeliever.com.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment