Friday, July 10, 2020

"Comfort And Beauty"

A welcome sign is hidden from this picture, but it stands tall and bold. That's my neighbors. 7-10-2020 Perryton, TX

My next door neighbors have such pretty plants, and chairs on their porch till I just had to share a picture. The green thumb person is the man, so he told me this morning. He took me to his back yard to show off the really pretty, and vegetable arrangement that was something like you would expect to see in a magazine. Everything was blooming, and some things were starting to bear. Since this neighbor retired he has to find something to stay busy. He had been a substitute teacher, but since the corona virus closed the schools he had to find another need to be productive. Even their church won't let anyone in except those 70 or older. I am very fortunate to have some very nice neighbors. They seem to not let anything bother them. Just always ready to help someone in some way. I can't count the times they have helped me.


I have stayed busy today. Watering my lawn, and because of the high wind, having to move the sprinkler a lot. Went to Chuck's house to check on the okra plants I just recently set out, and had to reinforce the tent I had spread over them. The wind was making havoc out of it. The plants are looking good, but it is still too hot to let the direct sun bear down on them. I had done some cooking, and had a lot of dishes, pots, and pans to clean up. Tomorrow I will have to make a trip to Liberal, Kansas to pick up some supplies Chuck, and I both need. It's just over a hundred mile round trip, but I always dread going. Since tomorrow is Saturday, and I have several other things to do to get ready for Church Sunday, it looks like I will not be resting much this week-end. I'm just thankful I am able to do as much as I do. One thing for sure I have let up on watching Fox News continuously. I am perfectly content to be my same old self, and not worry about the future. I feel safe no matter what happens, and what more could I ask?


My family will be having their once-a-year reunion next week-end at Lake Murry, but I will not be going. It is too much for me to spend several days on a hot lake even though I used to do it every year. We have a big family, and the reunions are usually well attended. I miss going very much, but age does happen to everyone. Besides it's over 400 miles for me to travel. I am very appreciative of those younger ones who work so hard to keep this family together. My prayers are always with them. I am really thankful for face book because lots of pictures are available for me to see. I am not sure if the corona virus will have any effect on the family gathering, but I haven't heard that anything different is expected. Oklahoma is not as radical about this crisis as some states.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment