Wednesday, July 1, 2020

"A Blow Out Cook Out"

        Slowly cooked ribs are in the frig just waiting to get started. 7-1-2020 Perryton, TX
 

The grill is all clean, and ready to cook a rack of ribs tomorrow for my children who will be coming from a vacation in Colorado. They have spent a week in the high mountain country, and have a lot of spooky stories to tell. The first night they camped out at Bear Lake a big bear tried to break up their cook out and the kids had to run him off. Later he came back after the kids laid down in their tent, so they had to sleep in the pick-up. They said he tried to get up in the back of the truck. At 2 o'clock in the morning they heard gun shots so someone else was having bear problems also. This vacation was a bit different than last year when they explored Europe, but they have really enjoyed the ruff, and tuff of the mountains. God made this whole wide world for some reason, and I believe He made it for you and I to enjoy. I used to love going to the mountains, but it is quite stressful for older people such as I am now. I did write a book about our experience living in Colorado for months at a time since we built a big cabin there. We finally sold the cabin, and I haven't been back since. I fear my heart could not take the high altitude any more. My children did visit our old cabin, and took pictures of it. Just as the builder who helped us put it up said, this cabin will be here when all others are gone. I believe him. It was built with strong, heavy beams, and very large rafters. I believe the foundation was six feet mostly under ground. It sits about 15 yards from a mighty rushing river. If ever you are in the area stop and see the Sharp cabin as it is known by, at Picker Wire Lodge 26 miles west of Trinidad, Colorado.


Maybe I will post a painting I did of it tomorrow. One of my prized possessions. So many precious memories hang on my wall where I have positioned that panting. That painting, and a lot more is one reason I think I cannot ever leave this home I've lived in for 52 years. As long as God lets me enjoy my life I will forever be grateful. The song says, “ When I trade this old cross for a crown,” yes I do have a cross to bear, but I also have many blessings as I bear it. Maybe life will be greater on the other side, but I cannot complain much about this one. God is so good, and I fully trust Him every day.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment