Tuesday, July 14, 2020

"A New Rose Today"

             A new rose today. An only child of this mother bush. 7-14-2020 Perryton, TX
 

Every once in awhile I find a rose on my bushes, With 104 degree weather the roses cannot bear. I have lots of pretty green bushes, but only one rose at a time is all I ever have. At least I know it's no one's fault but mother nature. However, it's been hard for me to give up my beautiful roses. In fact the only flower I have this year that looks decent is the sunflower. They are not my favorite, and I didn't plant them. They come up every year from last years seed. I am looking forward to fall since I had no roses, or flowers to keep me cheerful.


I walked to the dumpster in the alley at Chuck's house today, and before I got back to the house sweat was rolling off of me. There was not a speck of breeze, and 104 temperature. It's been that way for over a week, and suppose to be the same for several days more. It is nice though just to sit inside with air conditioning units cooling as low as you wish. We will worry about the electric bill later. There is no reason I could not stay busy doing something inside, but because it's hot outside I don't want to do anything inside. Hope I'm not the only person who thinks crazy things. I use my age for an excuse for most of it. I do spend a lot of time waiting for a better day. 


I have plans to have lunch at the Center again tomorrow. That is always a time I can enjoy seeing a lot of friends. It lifts my spirits to see people refusing to let the terrible condition of our country get them down. It's almost like seeing people coming out of an atomic bomb explosion, and starting back over. It tells me just how much the Perryton people depend on God every day for their welfare. What a great group of people to be a part of. This city is no way near being back to normal, but the Seniors are leading the way toward it. I believe every senior in our group voted in early voting. They made sure nothing stopped them from using their vote for a voice. While in the dinning room of the Center the talk is mostly like “what have you been doing?” “Have you heard this joke?” And, “are you coming Wednesday for lunch?” One who may just be a visitor there might not have any idea how serious those dear seniors are about their country, Their wisdom is greater than their fear. I'm rushed to get this posted before 7 o'clock, so see you next time.



God Bless

Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment