Friday, March 27, 2020

"What Causes Growth"

Double click to see this asparagus plant more clearly. it is 40 inches tall. 3-27-2020 Perryton, TX
 
I have never posted the same object twice in a row on my blog, but something of strange effect is growing in my asparagus bed. Yesterday I posted this plant that came through the grown and grew to 30 inches tall in two days. I measured it with a yard stick. Today exactly 24 hours later I measured it and it measured 40 inches. It has grown 10 inches in 24 hours. I am in awe of this unusual happening. Nothing else in the asparagus bed is showing any surprise at all. I just must keep you updated on the growth of this one plant. If for nothing else I am being entertained by this “Jack in the beanstalk” plant. I'm anxious for tomorrow at 3 o'clock to come so I can measure it again. Even the weeds are not growing that fast. The wind is blowing too hard today for me to do any work in the yard. I had hoped so much to get a lot of clearing away dead grass, and flower stalks, along with piles of dead leaves from last winter. Little by little I am making a showing.


It was time for me to go to the grocery store again today. I found it a little better stocked than the last time I went. I believe we are overcoming this crisis that so quickly came upon us. I'm looking forward to church opening back up, and my beloved Senior Citizen's Center also. I also visited an old friend who has just moved back to Perryton. She needs some encouragement, and I believe I gave her some this morning. I know she encouraged me. God is so good and works in mysterious ways. The impossible things become simply possible if we let go of our own ways. I'm reaching out to everything God makes me aware of. Things that I never thought would cross my path again. I'm not closing my door to anyone who knocks if I see their face, or hear their name first. I don't believe God directs angels to us, or directs us to angels without He has already prepared us for the contact. I am listening, and waiting for that one exciting invite to come and dine at the Masters Table. I know I will recognize it as the real invite whether it be at a table spread with gold, and silver servers, or whether it be a metal folding table with paper servers. I can appreciate, and be thankful for whatever I am offered as long as my Lord invited me. When this virus has died out, and things come back together, surly people will be more humble, and less self destined to do everything their own way. Sometimes it takes the voice of God speaking personally to His children to make them give in. At that time the stubbornness quickly disappears, and tears fill the eyes of the guilty. What a great God we have to love us in His own way.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment