Saturday, January 18, 2020

"Empty Churches Are Without Christ"

I endorse this little book, "Whispers of Wisdom," Spiritual food for every day of the year. 1-18-2020 Perryton, TX

The devotional I'm reading this morning, 1-18-2020, from the book of “WISPERS OF WISDOM” is such that I needed to share it. I'm not sure the small print can be clearly read so I'm reprinting it in larger type. I feel like all churches could use this devotional today. In fact I believe it is a must if we are to ever bring Christ back into our churches. I cannot not find a particular author of this little devotional book, but it was first published in 1973. It is a very inspiring little book with 365 pages of spiritual exercise that is needed by everyone to keep their spiritual bodies in good shape. A workout for every day of the year. This little book was a Christmas gift to me from my daughter-in-law. I am so appreciative of it, and hope someone else can share some of the joy I will be expressing in my blogs from time to time. Today's devotional was, no doubt, a special message directed to a special request I have been asking God for. I'm not sure one person will read this blog today, that it was intended for, but I do believe God done not return His Word void. By faith I am sending it and hope somehow it will produce some good. It is those who are willing to go to battle who can claim victory when the battle is over for Christ. Here is the devotional in easy to read print.


                                             UNITED WITH CHRIST


If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from His love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love,

                                        being one in spirit and purpose.

                                                       Phil.2:1-20


In the early days of the Communist revolution in Russia, a group of peasants met secretly for worship. During one of their meetings, the police suddenly broke into the room and took down all the names of all who were present. They finished with thirty names and were about to leave when one elderly peasant said, “One name is missing.” Impatiently the officer demanded, “Who is it? Tell me!” The man replied, “Jesus Christ.” “Oh, that's different,” the policeman said, and left.


If Jesus Christ is amongst us and controls our attitudes, we will not drive people away, but draw them near. When we have received the encouragement of Christ, His love and the fellowship of His Spirit, issues will not divide us. No, where Christ is present, unity and love will prevail.


Let us pray that the attitude and mind of Christ would fill our churches and lives, so that they would become places of healing and homes for those who are outside in the cold.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment