Sunday, January 5, 2020

"A New Year Means Trips To The Dumpster"

Five years of calendar's going to the dumpster. Tomorrow I will need to look at something that happened back in 1915. Oh well! 1-5-2020 Perryton, TX
 
I just removed five years of calendars from my wall, and replaced them with a 2020. Those calendars were part of my good memory. Each one had appointments, and other things to remember on the month and day they were appointed for. If someone asked me how many times I went to the doctor in 1915 I could look on that calendar and tell them. Every year I put a new calendar over the old one, until my nail got too full to hold anymore. Today I start with one calendar for 2020. Believe it or not the others are going to the dumpster. If I had of kept the last six years of calendars I would have a nice start of a calendar collection. My new calendar would make it twelve all together. Another interesting thought they all came from my same bank. Too bad I don't have a three story barn to store all of the things I would like to keep. God bless my children after I pass away. They are all too clutter-free to want to keep much of anything I have. Only a new home, and a new life in heaven can take the love of my stuff from me. I can write a story about every piece of the things I treasure. Some would bring laughter, some would bring tears. Only God knows how much I have enjoyed my life, and only He can make a better one for me. I truly believe He will. He can do all things.


Last evening was my first time to attend the Widow, and Widower's meeting in a very long time. I heard the meetings had almost become obsolete, but last evening we had a nice crowd. I hope I will do my part this new year to build it back up. Those in this group are best to none. They seem to meet each day with a positive look. Their laughter means a lot to me. My trouble with these meetings is they eat at 5 o'clock. I have a habit of snacking all through the day, and I am not hungry when 5 o'clock comes. I will have to change that habit on Saturdays. Last evening I ate a child's plate, and it looked like an over-sized adult's plate to me. The food is always good anywhere we meet. For the past three or four months I have been in this cooking mood, and that has got to stop. Everywhere I go out with friends includes a big meal. This is four or five times a week if I attend them all. Then when I go with just a good friend or some at church, it's more often than that. Tomorrow is a Senior Citizen's luncheon. I will have to eat a light breakfast, and eat it earlier than usual. At 11:30 we always have a huge, delicious meal. I just must stop cooking all this good stuff like roast beef with carrots, and potatoes, and gravy. Right now I have a German chocolate cake, and an apple pie in the frig, plus I have a peck canister full of good party mix. My son, Chuck, don't eat much so I have a lot to get rid of by myself. Not good for the health.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment