Thursday, August 29, 2019

"I Found A Mystery Today"

Hey, hey, where did you come from? You were not here two days ago. 8-29-2019 Perryton, TX
 

This little plant that looked like an apple tree growing from the root of an apple tree next to it, caught my eye today. It had two blossoms, and looked very lively. Two days ago I was in the same spot picking peaches and I never noticed this plant. I called Chuck to come at look at the plant, but he laughed about me thinking it was a new apple tree growing next to the old one. He didn't even offer to tell me what it was. I have never seen a plant like this one before, nor is it normal this time of the year to see a lively, blooming plant just starting to grow. I will take care of it because I am so fascinated with the unusual appearance it has made. It will get fertilized next week, and before a freeze comes I will cover it with straw. Some things just have to be left for the benefit of the doubt.


I was able to peel, and put three gallons of peaches in my freezer today from Chuck's peach tree. My freezer is almost full, but I hope to find space for a few more gallons. They make delicious cobblers. We had one for lunch today. There are probably three of four bushels of peaches on the ground, but no one seemed interested in canning them. They say it's easier to buy them already canned. Well good luck, but I prefer to have home grown, and canned peaches, as well as all other fruits, and vegetables, even though I do get a back ache from all the work involved. I am a country gal, and I spent a good part of my summers as a child helping my mother can food. I cherish those precious memories, and today as I peeled peaches, it seemed like my mom was right beside me.


I am finished with my work today, but will be spending a long evening, and part of the night just watching television. It gets pretty boring hearing the same news over, and over. Every show has to give their own opinion of everything that happened today. I sometimes think we are too anxious for people who have done bad things to be punished. When they don't have to pay for their terrible mistakes, it makes us so angry we want to call upon God to do the job our Justice department is failing to do. Can I for one, just wait till God is ready to “lock them up?” I need to take life easy from now on, and just have a lot of fun, and pleasure. However, I do appreciate those patriots who have dedicated their lives to keep people like myself safe, and sound. It is a God given ability, with part of the requirements of life. Only in the new life will we ever understand. “Help me Lord not to even try. You are my shield, and I will trust you forever.”


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment