Saturday, August 17, 2019

"A Restful Thinking Place"

The fawn and squirrel have been my yard companions this entire summer. 8-17-2019 Perryton, TX
 
No matter how hot the temperature was these two little animals have always welcomed me to sit in one of the chairs that share their place of peaceful, cool, shady and interesting territory. It is always comfortable under this huge apple tree that shades this spot. My yard has always been my escape from boredom from inside. I am now facing the reality of not being able to enjoy this little heaven much longer this summer. No more grilling steaks, or hamburgers that always made Chuck, and I smack our lips. I've always been one of those who think about having to give something up long before it happens. That makes the dull days much longer, and harder to endure. Why do we rush up the blah season instead of making every minute of happy time count? I think we are too anxious to get it over, and start back to watching the birds, and touching the flowers. I am anxious to lose that constant fear of being caught on the highway in a blizzard. I have always been a, never take a chance, kind of person. My husband always said it doesn't cost any more to run your car on a full tank of gas instead of a half tank. My dad always told us children to never go near the water till we learned how to swim. All seven of us never learned to swim, and we never wanted to learn. To this day the bathtub is the deepest water I ever risk my live in. With all this being said is it any wonder after nearly seven years I still leave alone? I have too many, what if's, in my part of any contract I might sign. I lived with my husband for 64 years, and I doubt there was ever a day that I wasn't challenged, but we always worked through our differences. He made sure I could live without him financially, although he told the doctor he was ready to go, but he hated to leave me. I believe he was the winner.


I spent an hour talking to one of my sisters this morning on the telephone. I spent another hour talking to my daughter, and about thirty minutes talking to a sister in Albuquerque. What a blessing to have these lovely gals in my life to talk seriously with. I live far away from all of them, but thank God for affordable telephone rates. I may live alone, but I'm but a call away from many friends, and loved ones. Of course one of my sons lives just a mile from me. He never married, so he has no family of his own. But like me he has lots of friends, and affordable telephone service. We share a lot of good memories, and he helps me eat the good food I cook. My many friends are always ready to help me if they are ever needed. Other than that I am doing fine in my comfort zone with great television service.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment