Wednesday, August 28, 2019

"Death Is Only Temporilly Even To plants"

                         Asparagus plants are thriving beyond belief. 8-28-2019 Perryton, TX

The two things growing in my yard that never need watering is asparagus, and sunflowers. The asparagus I am posting is so tall, and I dread having to cut it back a little later on. I will not be able to get the cutters inside the thick stalks very easy. When I do get them all cut they make a stack as high as a small mountain. I just pile them all back on the bed that I cut them from so they will protect from freezing weather later on. I enjoyed lots of meals of asparagus this last spring. I have eaten the last package I put in the freezer. Every year I have a bigger crop than the year before. The same is true with my sunflowers and holy hawks. I don't ever have to plant seeds to have a bountiful crop of them. Of course the morning glories are the fasting spreading flower in the yard. I have to keep trimming them out, or they would grow on every vine, or fence around my yard. Then I have the tropical grass that is impossible to keep thinned out. So when I say I am not messing with beautifying my yard any more, I am just fooling myself. I have no choice if I keep living in my home. I hope I have a better attitude, and a better, arthritis free, body next year. I have faith that I will.

My faith has been growing in spite of dry weather, and hot wind. The three inches of rain we had recently have made my brown grass turn green again. I will have to call the lawn man again after all. It seems like almost instantly my worries have vanished, and I am seeing nothing but fun times ahead. Arthur Aitis has left me but still visits me occasionally. He doesn't like it because I don't give into him. Although I didn't expect him to leave, I'm sure glad he did. I can't name all the good things that I have been experiencing lately, but I had to first fight a big battle. Or should I say I had to wait while God fought my battle. He never fails, and I never fail to thank Him. Every trial I have to go through is worth the willingness I have to answer to, If it be the way that hurts me so badly I can't hardly bare it, I will say, I am strong, and I can do it. Most of the time things get better, and all the time I get rewarded more than I asked. I just have to be willing to let things go that I can't control, and learn to live with the circumstances. The beautiful song, “One Day At A Time,” comes to my mind a lot. I think I have to pray for patience more than anything else. Tribulation brings forth patience. That is found in God's Word, and I will never doubt it.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment