Wednesday, August 21, 2019

"Broom Corn Maybe"

            What is it? Broom corn maybe? It sure gets lots of attention. 8-21-2019 Perryton, TX

My next door neighbor has this tall plant that just keeps growing taller every year. I don't know what it's called, but she pampers it to death. It's growing up against the fence that separates my patio from her yard. I can sit in my lawn chairs and watch this tall plant wave at me. It never blooms, but the heads are suppose to be eye catching. These heads look something like my dad's Milo feed used to look when they were about to make a big head of grain for the cattle. Surly this isn't cow feed growing next to my fence. Like I said it never does anything but grow taller, and make something like straw heads. I thought it was a little unusual, and wanted to post it. This same yard if full of beautiful flowers, because this neighbor lady could put a stick in the grown and it would grow pretty flowers. That's because she keeps everything watered even in 100 degree temperature weather such as we're having today. My flowers have all been dead for quite awhile except for the sunflowers. It was too much work to keep the water moving all day long every day.


I missed the luncheon today because I had a lot of things to do. I cleaned my kitchen, and painted a couple of hours. When I finish this blog I will start peeling peaches to freeze. There is another thing or two I wanted to do, but it will have to wait for another day. I've been invited to attend an evening pot luck with a group of friends this evening then a prayer service after the meal. I just can't seem to work it into my busy days. I'm thankful that we have people who attend these meeting faithfully. It is a community thing, and held in an old movie theater which is very nice. It is groups like these that are keeping our country safe, and keeping our President protected. Prayer is the answer to all problems. And of course who doesn't like to share a good meal once a week with friends. I hope to join with this band of faithful Christian people before long.


God certainly has been answering a lot of prayers for me lately. I feel so blessed, and thankful for His help when the enemy attacks. “Happy are those who trust in the Lord.” He will direct their path. We shall mount up with wings as eagles, and not grow weary. I can claim this promise because it has been proven to me. At the end of the day I am physically tired, but my soul gets rest through the night, and my body receives the benefit. Every morning I get up feeling great. For two hours my time is spent drinking my coffee, and thanking God for all His blessings. Then I am ready to get up from my recliner, and make a difference in the way I felt the night before. God is good all the time.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment