Sunday, November 4, 2018

"Tails Up Heads Down"

  Autumn cattails are beautiful blooming from this bush. 11-4-2018 Perryton, TX

Part of the landscape I viewed yesterday driving around my city was these lovely, unusual cattails. They are the only ones I saw during my tour. I would love to have some in my yard. They may not be cattails, but that is what they look like. I saw several lovely bushes, and trees that I could not put a name to. Some were so perfectly shaped, and had such brilliant color till they almost looked artificial. It will just be a few days until people start putting out Christmas decorations. How close we are to ending this old year, and starting a brand new one. I get more anxious every day to halt the time, because my age is getting to that point where I no longer will keep blooming with a new year. Not even a cattail will be part of my long, happy life. Although I would be pleased to become one of those fluffy, white tails growing in my kid's yard. I can live for a long time without blooming if I can just keep walking, and cooking my favorite foods. Every Halloween I can put on a mask, and be the ugliest ghost at the party. Before long I will not even have to wear a mask. The real me will make a freaky face. I can imagine the outcome of such time in my life. I keep remembering my grandmother. At 74 she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. She passed away at that age. She still had that beauty lying in her casket. I think it was because she was all natural. Never any make up or hair color. Her hair was black with gray streaks. I've never let mine go to see what color it would be.

I usually always go to the annual Thanksgiving dinner at the Catholic Church. They have a great tasting turkey, and dressing dinner for the entire community. But today I had the urge to cook my own, so I stayed home and cooked. Chuck, and I were stuffed with my stuffing. I will be eating another turkey dinner on the 14th, at the Citizen's Center, so I didn't think I would probably want to cook on Thanksgiving day. I have made my Thanksgiving dinner already. Although I will be making pumpkin pies to take to the Center. This is just a bad time of the year to be sticking to a diet. I have to keep my cholesterol down. The foods I love the most are what makes my cholesterol go high. I am a long life die-hard, so I will be able to control. Good health is always a no, no to hearty appetites. However, I would not want to trade my off. My strength is my most appreciative possession. I am a firm believer in eating enough, and eating with a good balance diet. I thank God for teaching me this important course.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment