Thursday, November 8, 2018

"Is There A Tturkey In The Crowd"

    Loving my neighbor's interesting, decorated Thanksgiving yard. 11-8-2018 Perryton, TX
 

If anyone is having trouble getting into the holiday spirit just drive by my neighbor's yard, and you will get excited quickly. These neighbors have a very big yard on a corner lot, and every foot of it on both sides is filled with Thanksgiving icons. It makes you want to stand and admire for hours. I have never seen anything more inspiring than this yard at the beginning of every holiday. It will lift your spirits, and make you want to celebrate in a big way. This house, and yard gets published in the local news paper almost every holiday with several nice picture shots. It's nice to live close to neighbors like these. I can almost smell turkey every time I pass by. I bet they would offer you a glass of wine if you stopped by. I don't drink much wine, but I think I would gladly drink a glass with these good neighbors. I will be going to the store tomorrow to purchase all the goodies I need to fix a good Thanksgiving dinner. If anyone needs an invite just call me. I'm not kidding. Otherwise Chuck and I will be eating alone.

It is snowing north of where we live in Perryton, Texas. I haven't heard the weather report, but we probably will be getting some here. It is already cold, and cloudy. I want to have lunch at the Center tomorrow so I hope it doesn't get too bad for me to do that. It would be a long week-end if I couldn't get out. My friends at the Center are a life savior. I thank God for them every day.

Now that the midterm election is over I can't tell much difference in my anxiety fits. I still can't see anything but a continuation of disrespect, and anger. What is going to have to happen before we see any sign of peace? I feel protected for myself, and my family, but I wish everyone could feel that way. Far too many have already lost their lives within the fast few years. How long will it take for everyone to realize that God is not mocked, and He will prove it as long as it takes? I pray for eyes to be opened, but I'm not seeing much of it yet. I thank God for laughter, and humor, or we all would be doomed with sorrow. We just need to get out where the good Christian humor is free, and plentiful. Remember to take your funnies with you to share with others. The old saying is still true, “laughter is the best medicine ever.” If we can possibly find a place where we can relax, and laugh let us get there as quick as we can. God loves a joyful noise. He also loves to wipe our tears away. The bible says, “Jesus wept.” It takes the storm clouds to form the rainbow. Keep looking up.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment