Friday, November 2, 2018

"Make Me A Quilt Of Leaves"

                                Beautiful purple leaves are awesome. 11-2-2018 Perryton, TX
 
This pretty tree is not in my yard, but it's close by. The gorgeous purple leaves are truly lovely. It is a huge tree spreading over most of the owners front yard. It's right across the street form my church, and it certainly adds beauty to the neighborhood. I have a few more pretty, colorful leafed, trees I plan to post later. Most of which are in my neighborhood. Fall is such a pretty time of the year, especially when the sun makes the leaves sparkle. We can enjoy for a few more days before they fall to the ground.

It was nice having lunch again today at the Center. The menu included salmon patties, oven fried potatoes, black-eyed peas, spinach, salad, and lemon bars. The cooks do a super good job making the food taste delicious. As usual we had some visitors who don't come very often. They find it more convenient to pick up a carry out. These are people who still work at jobs. It's always nice to see them take a seat, and eat with the crowd. Hopefully more people can find more time to come more often this next year. Today the tables had Thanksgiving decorations set up, and they looked so exciting. On the 14th, we will have a great tasting, exciting turkey dinner. That is 12 days from today. Everyone is invited, and we hope to have a big crowd. I would be happy to share a table with anyone who is not a regular visitor of the Center. Let me know if you would like to do that. I have also volunteered to make pumpkin pies for that event.

I have been feeling great today after a long, bad day yesterday. It just must happen that we have good days, and bad days. Today after leaving the Center I went to the grocery store. There I met up with several people who I was happy to see, and visit with a bit. I got caught up on the latest news that I was behind on. Some concerning friends on our sick list that I needed to follow up on, and some on the Widowed Group which I have missed several times now. It gets to be a busy routine sometimes, and I fail to do all I should to keep my conscience clear. Someone can always use a word of encouragement from any of us. I certainly welcome any blessing anyone can give me. It does seem like many of my friends are dealing with almost unbearable situations. I wish I could do more to make things better for them, but I do pray every day for their needs. When my own pain is almost making me cry, I am on my knees praying for others. I have arthritis sometimes pretty badly. Every human has to endure some pain. We don't know why, but it's the way God made us. He promised to help us through it. I believe He is doing just that. “Trust Him.”

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp



No comments:

Post a Comment