Tuesday, November 27, 2018

"I Need Thinking Tonic"

                              Santa is here to welcome our friends, 11-27-2018 Perryton, TX
 
Christmas is vastly approaching, and I'm getting more excited every day. Good news is beginning to spread, and I am elated. What do I do with some of these surprise packages I have received? They are not packages for me to open, but packages that have already been opened. The kind that makes you shout when you see the content. God does not give us gifts that don't make our lives more happy, but He gives what we need to increase our happiness. Now that I have received a gift that I have been asking God for many years, I am totally at a loss as to what I will do with it. I suppose when the time comes I will be completely at ease with the out come. While it is a gift in answer to prayer I still have to make use of it. Decisions come with most gifts. They are not to be hid in the closet. I will have patience, and wait for a more direct path to travel.

I visited with two good friends today for quite some time. One was grieving over the loss of a son recently killed in an automobile accident. The other is almost totally home bound for reasons of not being able to have double knee surgery for lack of insurance. It's hard to rejoice at my own blessings when friends have so much pain in their life. I find comfort in knowing God will answer my prayer, and help my friends find peace, and comfort also. Maybe not by Christmas, but sooner than thought possible. Another friend who lives many miles from me now, told me by phone yesterday she is recovering from a broken hip. Unknowingly her blood pressure had dropped so low till she fell when she got up to go to the bathroom. She lives alone, and had to crawl to the phone to call her son. She fears she will always have to use a walker. These are just a few of my friends who have been hit hard in recent days. We are trusting God for better days for them soon.

I hope to be back to my normal routine tomorrow. I have missed my friends at the Center for nearly two weeks due to holidays. I need to be back in the midst of faith supporters. I have really missed those happy faces. I am expecting to see a new display of art. Some of which will be reflecting the Christmas theme. The featured artist has had her work there before, and is hanging new paintings for a Christmas special interest show. She is very good at putting life into her objects. She also chooses nice subjects. May we all move to make Christmas a very special season this year. We may not be privileged to have it next year.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment