Tuesday, October 23, 2018

"Some Are Red Some Are White But None Are Blue"

      Autumn red makes my heart smile. It's leaves, not butterflies. 10-23-2018 Perryton, TX
 
Several beautiful red leaves are decorating my doomed yard now. They really show up among all the golden colored ones. I even have a few purple, and orange leaves. Many have fallen to the ground, and I can already feel my back starting to ache from raking leaves. Since I had to work today for Nurses Unlimited, I didn't get to work in my yard. It is suppose to rain tomorrow, so my dead flowers will be standing tall, and naked for some time yet. I have to be in the mood to do dirty yard work, and my moods don't always come when the weather is suitable. I am proud for what I have accomplished so far. Just a bit anxious to finish the job.


Tomorrow is Halloween dress-up for those having lunch at the Center. In days past I would have loved that idea, but now in my golden days, I just want to make myself as pretty as possible. It's called dressing up the wrinkles. It requires much more skill than painting for a Halloween face. I would rather laugh than be laughed at. Oh, what fun it is to be part of a crazy crowd who only want to forget our age, and act like we're still young. We will tell you when our birthday is, but don't ask how many we've had. One of our sweet ladies played the piano, and sang happy Birthday to herself last week. We were so proud of her.


I just changed my mind about dressing up. I think something inside me did it. I am now going to dress like ???, and I don't dare tell who it is. I will try to get my picture made and post it Thursday. I will be asking for guesses as to who I am suppose to be. No clues because it really would be too easy for the older ones to guess. I doubt that any of the younger crowd could ever guess. Just one little clue she would be 106 years old. I may be the most embarrassed person at the Center tomorrow, but I think I can forgive myself. I should have thought of this sooner and tried to get some competition. I think I better sign off and get started on my Halloween act. The theme won't be all that much Halloween, but will fit somewhere in between. I won't be some kind of a witch, but rather a very famous person of entertainment. Hope all my face book friends will tune into me tomorrow. I wouldn't want anyone to miss it.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp



No comments:

Post a Comment